At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
This position affords a unique opportunity for someone who is customer service oriented, with strong interpersonal skills, to help shape the development of cloud based systems utilizing best practices and new technologies for the cloud. The engineer will provide customer support that includes research, project management support, and system administration.
This position is located in Fairfax, VA. NGMSCIMS
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience, a PhD with no experience required, or a total of 9 years of experience without a degree.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
- Working knowledge of AWS Services such as EC2, Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, S3, RDS, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Watch.
- Understanding AWS EC2 and RDS reserve instance concepts to utilize standard and convertible RI's within mission to support cost savings.
- AWS Management Console Experience
- Experience architecting and deploying solutions utilizing AWS Web Services
- Utilizing cost explorer to support cost controls and provide reports to support FY spending.
- Working knowledge utilizing AMI (Amazon Machine Images) to build and automate Linux and Windows server builds
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, DevOps tools, test defined development, virtualized environments, web services, and access control capabilities to support the migration of IT systems to cloud-based environments.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.