Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Northpoint Washington is a growing organization dedicated to providing a safe, therapeutic environment where those struggling with addiction can build a foundation for their recovery and gain a clear vision of hope. Northpoint provides a unique setting that provides affordable and effective alcohol and drug addiction treatment, with facilities located in Boise, Idaho and Seattle, Washington. Organizational values include humility, heart, inspiration and conviction. Our commitment to excellence means doing good for others and engaging in innovative empirical based treatment. In short, our mission is to help people get their lives back and show them respect and empathy in the process.
Northpoint Washington has an opening for a Registered Nurse at our Edmonds, Washington inpatient facility.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a key member of the Northpoint team, the RN is a registered professional who coordinates and evaluates patient care, working with a multidisciplinary treatment team in accordance with policy and procedure, to provide the best possible care.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
· Interact routinely with patients, observe behaviors and communicate significant observations to multidisciplinary team as necessary
· Administer medications to patients, and engage in education process
· Document information regarding patient care and behavior as required in policies and procedures
· Utilize crisis prevention intervention when exposed to volatile patients to maintain personal safety for the patient and other individuals in the unit
· Participate in patient treatment planning and implementation under the direction of nursing staff and other professional staff involved in patient care
· Participate in the maintenance of a clean, orderly and safe environment, and report needs for repairs and maintenance to appropriate staff
· Admissions and discharges of patients
· Obtain patient’s vital signs, and document patient record
· Complete patient medical and physical assessments and close monitoring of symptoms
· Participate in implementation of unit therapeutic programming
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures
· Maintain confidentiality in accordance with established policies and procedures and standards of care
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
· Graduate from an accredited program of professional nursing preferred
· Must hold an active State Board of Nursing, Registered Nurse licensure
· Preference given to those with addiction recovery and/or mental health setting experience
· A minimum of 1 year experience in the field of nursing or other relevant field preferred
· Knowledge and skills in English usage, interpersonal relationships and excellent communication skills
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Excellent critical thinking skills
· Excellent organizational abilities
· Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
· Quickly and effectively identify and resolve problematic situations
· Comfortable analyzing information and dealing with complexity
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Able to handle confidential material in a reliable manner
· Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of organization
· Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
· Ability to effectively prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Must hold active State Board of Nursing Registered Nurse licensure
· Must maintain current and nationally accredited CPR/First Aid/AED certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have reasonable ability to stand, walk, sit, handle, feel, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, taste and smell
· Must be able to lift up to 20lbs
· Environment is a forty-four (44) bed residential treatment facility
· Exposure to disturbed and potentially aggressive patients is possible. Stress ranges from low to intense depending on the situation
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Completion of a tuberculin screening during first week of employment
· Completion of a pre-employment drug screening, post-accident and random for upon reasonable suspicion of use
· Completion of orientation and required paperwork prior to reporting to work
· Demonstrated computer literacy
· Completion of CPR/First Aid Training within first 90 days of employment
· Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
· Completion of WATCH background check
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. It is meant to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Employees with potential access to protected health information must comply with all procedures and guidelines governed by HIPAA.
Northpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Northpoint is an At-Will employer. Employment may be terminated at any time by employee, or employer with or without notice.