Northland Propertiesis looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant whose main duties and responsibilities include providing full administrative support to two senior Executives. Candidate should be a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. The Administrative Assistant should have the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that the duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Position will be located at our head office in Vancouver.
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing.
- Creates and modifies various documents using Microsoft Office.
- Support the senior executives through the effective management of their Outlook calendars, maintaining them in current and accurate status.
- Ability to manage multiple Outlook calendars.
- Coordinates meetings and conference calls as needed or anticipated.
- Prepares meeting materials and takes minutes.
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed.
- Answer phones promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner.
- Prepare expense reports and debit notes.
- Consistently use sound judgment to recognize and handle confidential information in an ethical, professional, and discreet manner.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- College diploma preferred
- 2 year of administrative support experience with increasing responsibility
- Microsoft Word: Mail merging, embedding documents, formatting and printing, page setup, template building.
- Microsoft Excel: Building spreadsheets from scratch, formulas functions, tables, formatting and conditional formatting. Transferring Word documents to Excel and editing spreadsheets.
- Microsoft Power Point: Creating presentations. Preparing graphs, charts, custom slides and templates. Adding text, pictures, graphics, and spreadsheet tables.
- Microsoft Outlook: Advanced calendar management, email communication, and contact management. Setting up tasks, follow-ups, notes, and reminders.
- Time management, self-motivation, adaptability and decision making are soft skills inherent in the job.
- Familiarity with basic Accounting principles: GL coding, budgets etc.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Basic knowledge of Maestro PMS and/or Opera preferred but not required
- Bilingual English/French is a plus but not necessary
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm and be flexible if required
- Salary based on skills and experience
- Benefit package to include medical/dental, hotel and restaurant discounts
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants areencouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Northland Properties, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**