Position Summary: overall responsibility for the administration and clinical management of the Inpatient Setting (Adolescent and Adult) totaling 140 inpatient beds. The successful candidate will also provide coverage for the mental health IOP located on grounds. Develop and fully integrate the services of the Department of Psychiatry into the delivery of psychiatric care under the NBHS umbrella, to achieve and sustain a department reputation of high quality.
- Provide residential care to patients showing a change or decline in mental and behavioral health
- Working independently with other members of the medical team, with entitlements to specific clinical privileges approved by the facilities Medical Executive Board.
- Take part in interdisciplinary team that provides mental and behavioral health treatment to patients
- Perform patient’s histories and physicals, risk factor assessments, ordering of therapeutic and diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medications and follow up with patients
- Consult with physicians on cases that are beyond the scope of qualification of PMHNP
- Put all relevant patient data in medical records and case presentations
- Formulate, execute and review healthcare education delivered to patients and families for diseases prevention
- Ensure smooth communication with other health professionals for effective delivering of clinic service to patients
- Provide consultation to facility team members such as nursing and medical staff for improvement in their work performance, which enhances overall quality service delivery of the facility
- All other duties assigned
· Thorough knowledge of: Current principles and practices of medicine, current principles and practices of psychiatric care.
· Working knowledge of: Community collaboration with key health stakeholders, Principles of personnel supervision, evaluation and training, Program management and program direction, Productivity management, Customer service delivery, Functions and services of public health roles and functions, Principles of health administration, Principles of budget monitoring and revenue generation in a health setting, Clinical Information Systems
· Ability to: Provide medical and administrative direction and supervision to subordinate professional, technical and clerical staff, perform medical diagnosis and treatment, Evaluate and review the work of subordinate or other medical providers for appropriate diagnosis, treatment and chart documentation., Plan and prepare protocols and standardized procedures, Participate in the analysis, evaluation and planning of health or mental health programs. Prepare clear and concise written and oral reports. Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action. Recommend and help conduct in-service training programs. Provide mental health court testimony. Manage division productivity to ensure that the budget targets are met. Review appropriate paperwork for documentation of clinical services and medical assessments. Be available for rotation for weekend call
· Education: Graduate of an accredited Medical School
· Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience, combining private and community-based practice
· Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as MD, DO. CPR and CPI certifications required
· HIPAA: Has access to all PHIS necessary to perform job functions and assuring compliance with standards of care.
· Requires full range of body motion, including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. In addition to lifting of patients, occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions and/or working irregular hours. Potential exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, body fluids and other conditions common to a hospital environment.