Food Service Manager 1100
Northfield Retirement Communities Scottsbluff, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Purpose of this position
The purpose of this position is to implement and maintain effective, efficient systems to operate the dietary department and provide food service to residents in a cost-effective, efficient manner to safely meet residents’ needs in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
Willing to review and discuss if taking classes or wanting to take classes for the Certified Dietary Manager.
- Meet at least one of the State of Nebraska qualifications of Dietary Manager and participate in at least 15 hours of continuing education related to Dietetics each year.
- Have experience with and understanding of the needs of the elderly, including care plans and Medicare/Medicaid requirements and both skilled and assisted living units.
- Have knowledge of menu planning and writing.
- Have knowledge in sanitation, Board of Health regulations, special elderly dietary needs, and food handling.
- Qualify for certification by the Dietary Manager’s Association.
- Must be Serv Safe certified or able and willing to become certified.
- Long term health care experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge. Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability to comprehensively communicate with residents, staff, and visitors both orally and in writing.
- Cannot have been convicted of any crime related to any services to be provided under this job description, including, but not limited to moral turpitude, assault or violence.
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language or a language understood by a substantial portion of the facility’s residents.
- Physical ability to perform job-related duties, which may require lifting up to 50lbs, standing, bending, transferring, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing and pulling.
- Possess personal qualities making it possible to maintain good interpersonal relationships. Ex: respect for each person as an individual, kindness, and loyalty.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work at any Northfield Retirement Communities Long Term Care, or Assisted Living facility as assigned.
- Implementing dietary and food service policies and procedures to meet residents’ needs in compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Determine personnel requirements for the dietary department to recommendations for sufficient staff.
- Implement a monitoring system for the dietary and food service department and make recommendations for implementation to assure compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Assess resident's dietary needs and develop appropriate dietary plans in compliance with physicians' orders.
- Supervise preparation of menus to meet residents’ dietary needs.
- Supervise entire operation of the dietary department.
- Plan diets and menus approved by the consultant.
- Meet with Food Committee monthly for quality assurance and suggestions.
- Observe meals daily to ensure food is as menu indicates in an appetizing, timely, and pleasant manner following all temperature and sanitation procedures.
- Purchase or requisition food and supplies
- Supervise the receiving and storage of food.
- Supervise food preparation and service.
- Complete the assigned MDS section in a timely manner.
- Review residents’ dietary profile, assessment plan and plan of care for residents triggering a Q1 related to nutritional status and eating function to determine if there is a problem or concern that can be resolved, improved or addressed in a different manner to improve the resident’s nutritional status and eating function.
- Implement and document the dietary component of residents’ assessments and care plans.
- Document each resident’s progress toward care plan goals, review and revise care plans as necessary.
- Interview residents and determine specific dietary needs and preferences. Inform and educate residents regarding therapeutic diets.
- Monitor and assess residents’ weight.
- Maintain records of residents’ profiles, meal census, menus, diet cardex, diet roster, diets served and purchase records.
- Participate in employee evaluations.
- Participate in professional and educational meetings and attend facility meetings as required.
- Prepare and coordinate dietary personnel schedule on a bi-weekly basis and cleaning schedules.
- Cooperate and coordinate with other departments in delivery of food and services to residents.
- Enforce and comply with all State and Federal regulations concerning safe food handling techniques.
- Orientation of new staff.
- Maintain file of standardized recipes.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, training, and discipline of dietary personnel to maintain an efficient working environment.
- Be responsible for communicating pertinent information to dietary employees.
- Prepare work and cleaning schedules.
- Assume responsibility for compliance with sanitation requirements.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain food and labor costs within the dietary budget.
- Assist with preparation of department budget.
- Work with administration and the Activity Dept to plan menus and provide special foods for parties and/or other scheduled programs.
- Maintain menus for required retention period.
- Plan food substitutions for residents who refuse or are unable to eat food served.
- Be responsible for the safety of residents under his/her dietary supervision.
- Observe all facility safety policies.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
NRC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Northfield Retirement Communities
FoodView all jobs at Northfield Retirement Communities