NB1174 - Branch Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Branch Manager
Location: Monroe, NJ
Branch: Monroe Branch
Responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office including operations, product sales, customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the Bank's objectives. Provide a superior level of customer relations and promote the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation. Develop new deposit business. Achieve individual and branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Participate in community affairs to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Responsible for developing new business relationships while also retaining and expanding current business relationships to increase deposit growth and contribute to overall achievement of branch goals:
- Identify current customers with additional profit potential and develop action plans to expand those relationships
- Conduct regular sales calls to develop customer relationships and follow up on leads
- Make sales presentations to prospective businesses as requested. May work in conjunction with Business Development Officer.
- Attain established individual, branch and Bank goals through active participation in sales management and business calling program
- Responsible for directing and administering the daily operations of the branch:
- Assist and effectively handle all operational issues or branch-related matters. Approve transactions, as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products and services to assist in answering questions from staff and customers
- Manage staff work schedules, including breaks, paid time off, and hours worked by part-timers to ensure adequate coverage of the Business Window. Approve timecards for branch employees.
- Cross train in all positions within branch and perform any operations duties, as needed, during peak periods or to maintain coverage
- Work closely with Assistant Branch Manager and delegate daily operations duties when out developing business for the branch
- Continually seek ways to improve branch operations and productivity to meet established goals
- Partner with Assistant Branch Manager to ensure daily branch operations are being conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines:
- Monitor customer transactions, complete daily proofing of all branch-related areas, review daily reports of customers activity and complete any paperwork as required for Compliance and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) purposes
- Ensure dual control procedures are enforced at all times
- Monitor procedures involving non-deposit products, such as wealth management and retirement planning investments, to ensure compliance within these areas
- Complete periodic internal branch audits
- Ensure all branch security procedures are being followed appropriately and effectively
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Bank policies and procedures
- Partner with Assistant Branch Manager to coach and mentor staff:
- Train and develop staff toward procedural compliance, goal achievement and exceptional customer service
- Clearly communicate expectations of job performance and hold staff accountable for performing against expectations and goals
- Actively participate in performance management process for staff, including providing ongoing coaching and feedback, completing performance evaluations and proactively addressing performance issues
- In partnership with Human Resources, manage the hiring, training and retention of staff.
- Maintain clear and open communication between branch management and staff:
- Actively listen to staff when they raise questions or concerns
- Attend management meetings to obtain information on new products and services, new/current policies and procedures, lessons learned from other branches and other information sharing practices
- In collaboration with Assistant Branch Manager, cascade important information to staff members in a timely manner (e.g., during team meetings)
- Regular involvement in community-based organizations to support local businesses, increase Northfield's presence in the area and to network and potentially expand potential customer base
- Represent Northfield at community-based luncheons, dinners and special events, as necessary
- Volunteer with community-based organizations as a representative of the Bank
- Will require routine travel throughout defined market for business calls, business meetings and training.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, if applicable.
- Use of personal vehicle may be necessary to conduct business.
- Management may authorize transfers to other branches based on business need.
- Two-year college degree or 5+ years banking experience, including supervisory experience required
- Banking experience required (5+ years)
- Excellent communication skills required (5+ years)
- Solid computer skills required (5+ years)
- Strong sales skills with ability to effectively develop business required (3+ years)
- Supervisory skills required (3+ years)
- Ability to lift and transfer coin bag (approximately 30 lbs.)
**Northfield Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran**
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Northfield Bank