Class A Commercial Truck Driver
The Class A CDL Driver is responsible for pickups locally, moves products between buildings and
maintains the conditions of the truck, trailer, and all cargo.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Safely drive truck to destinations.
• Assists loading and unloading the truck. Some destinations require you to unload your own
• Inspects cargo loads to ensure that they are packed appropriately and have no damaged or
• Ensure that the Bill-of-Lading is correct prior to signing. You are held accountable for the
product being picked up. Verify the count of the freight, making sure you have the correct cases.
• Maintains log book, according to state and federal regulations, if required.
• Completes a daily walk around of the truck to ensure the proper
• Completing any other delivery related or company related duties that may be needed on a daily,
weekly, or monthly basis.
• Assists in other areas as deemed necessary by Supervisor.
• Continuous contact with Dispatch upon both arrival and departures.
• Provides excellent service to all customers and clients.
Required Sk i l ls/Abi l i t ies :
• Time Management
• Customer/Client Focus
• Ability to communicate in English
Education and Exper ience:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Class A License required.
• 3+ years of verifiable tractor trailer driving preferred.
• Ability to pass a Department of Transportation road test.
• Must possess a Valid Medical Examiner’s Card.
• Must possess general knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within
the transportation field.
Phys ica l Requirements:
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.