Building Maintenance Technician
Northern Virginia Management Reston, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of the building, its fixtures, and grounds in order to ensure that the property is properly and safely maintained. They must also perform basic maintenance and repair of all systems, as well as monitor and record the inspection and maintenance of all equipment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Personable, patient, detail oriented and thorough
- Knowledge of general maintenance requirements (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.)
- Professional customer service skills
- Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, and forms
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of directly related or closely related experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high places and outside weather conditions
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and that the physical condition of the building is in good condition. Advise management of unforeseen repairs that require immediate action, working closely with the site and property managers.
- Ensure that there are written procedures in place for each piece of equipment and for performing daily, monthly, and annual inspections
- Maintain logs and records of inspections and service performed by outside contractors
- Maintain inventory records, and internal incident and maintenance logs
- Inspect emergency systems on a weekly basis and advise the manager if an outside contractor is required
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment and related systems
- Clean, maintain, and repair lights, locks, windows, doors, door screens, flooring material, gutters, and drains
- Perform periodic and annual inspections of the property including grounds, parking lot, garage storage areas, safety points in courtyards, building exterior, roofs and common areas
- Inspect bricks, mortar, common element walls, columns, interior and exterior walls, sewer and water pipes, general electric systems to determine maintenance of same and call attention to site manager and property manager to major problems requiring outside service
- Perform minor roof, floor, and plumbing repairs
- Perform maintenance duties including carpentry and painting
- Inspect emergency generator monthly to include checking fluid levels, battery connections, etc. Run generator every 3 months for a minimum of 15 minutes. Ensure that fluids are readily Available in case of prolonged electrical outage.
- Clean access cards readers every 2 weeks
- Garage: apply needed fluids to working parts of garage door mechanism every month
- Check floor for proper drainage. Repair or notify site and property manager.
- Connect heating tapes to electric source in case of prolonged or extreme freezing temperatures.
- Maintain trash compactor every 3 months as directed in maintenance instructions
- Check lighting fixtures once a week for bulb failure.
- Clean all fountains prior to spring operation.
- Check timers, and sprinklers weekly.
- Check fountain pumps weekly during the season.
- Clean kitchen drains semi-annually
- Pad the elevator and monitor moves in and out of the building checking for damage to common areas before the movers depart
- Change filters (residents will provide), light bulbs, and smoke detectors in individual units and common areas
- Follow procedures for ordering and receiving supplies
- Ensure that all electric panels, emergency equipment, fire closets, etc. are labeled and a file of such be kept in the administration office
- After periods of inclement weather check for leaks throughout the building, especially in sunroom and elevator tower glass
- Remove snow and ice from entrances and walk-ways
- Complete work orders within 48 hours of having received them
- Monitor outside repairs performed by contractors and ensure that work is performed according to requirements
- Supervise all major building repairs to ensure contractor compliance and apprise of site manager/property manager of any potential problems
- Be available for on-call maintenance and emergency response off-hours
- Dress appropriately for the performance of your duties in work attire commonly accepted for your work duties
- Other duties as assigned.
Northern Virginia Management
Real EstateView all jobs at Northern Virginia Management