Northern Valley Indian Health Chico, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At NVIH our Dental Receptionists are a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by the clinical staff of the agency. You will work collaboratively with all clinical services staff in support of direct patient services. Customer services and efficient appointment scheduling are key priorities to this position. The Dental Receptionist will serve as a point of contact with other internal and external departments, all with the goal of supporting an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of the organization, always exercising the utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in both internal and external customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and directs the patient/client/visitor accordingly.
- Provides information to incoming callers according to established policies, protocols and guidelines; transfers calls as needed and ensures adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Schedules patient flow based on established protocol and guidelines which allow the clinic to serve an adequate number of patients,
- Carefully screens patient registration information and other informational documents to ensure all information is accurate or updated in the computer system(s).
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance with policy and HIPAA/HITECH requirements.
- Verifies method of payment for service and collects data and/or payment as appropriate.
- Performs daily confirmation calls for future appointments following established protocols and guidelines.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Maintains patient waiting areas, office files and desk areas in a manner that is organized and represents a professional atmosphere.
- Performs other duties as may be required within the Dental Patient Care Support Services area.
Indian Preference.Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code Section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, General Education Diploma (GED).
- Graduate of a dental assisting program or prior reception experience, ideally in a dental setting, required.
- Working knowledge of dental terminology sufficient to communicate appropriately with patients, healthcare providers and insurance company representatives regarding appointments, services and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare insurance systems including Medi-Cal, Private Insurance, and Fee-for-Service sufficient to appoint patients, inform patient of financial responsibility and explain provision and requirement to patient.
- Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of clinic patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is efficient and productive.
- Computer skills that provide the ability to efficiently use the computer systems for scheduling, updating information, and word processing documents.
- Working knowledge of practices and protocols related to reception responsibilities.
- Ability to calculate financial fees and discounts.
Northern Valley Indian Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Northern Valley Indian Health