Dental Assistant / Registered Dental Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
As a Registered Dental Assistant here at NVIH, you will function as a circulating assistant in chairside dental procedures. The RDA must be knowledgeable in all dentistry procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials. This position may require travel between Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. sites to assist in temporary staffing vacancies and/or shortages.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all phases of four (4) handed Dental Assisting duties for endodontics, oral surgery, pedodontics, prosthodontics and restorative procedures.
- Under the direct supervision of the Dentists, perform Registered Dental Assistant duties as per NVIH policy, procedures and State of California licensing guidelines.
- Perform dental imaging, including but not limited to, intraoral and extraoral photographs and radiographs for diagnostic and treatment.
- Perform the following supportive tasks to ensure efficiency of patient flow:
- Clean, sterilize instruments, and set up trays.
- Stock and store all supplies and materials.
- Maintenance and testing of equipment (sterilizer, x-ray dosimetry, x-ray processor, etc.) including daily lubrication of equipment.
- Pouring up models and other lab procedures.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and preventive dental education under the supervision of the dentist.
- Documentation of exam findings in patient record.
- Maintain clean, orderly and well stocked operatories and laboratory
- Plan work duties to ensure dental clinic efficiency.
- Work in conjunction with Dentists/Dental Records and Reception Coordinator to develop and implement preventive dental activities for the community.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, GED.
- Registered Dental Assistant licensed by the State of California.
- Coronal Polish Certification preferred.
- Radiation Safety Certification or completion of an approved radiation safety course to be completed within the Introductory Period at hire.
- Familiarity with dental terminology, materials, medications and instruments used during dental procedures.
- Knowledge of patient scheduling procedures.
- Reliable transportation
Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code Section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity and At Will Employer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401k with employer match
- 14 paid Holidays
- Generous PTO accrual
Northern Valley Indian Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Northern Valley Indian Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?