re you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
TRAINING IN AUGUST
POSITION OFFICIALLY STARTS IN SEPTEMBER
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- MUST BE WILLING TO BE TRAINED IN WATER
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Front Desk Customer Service Representative
Reports to: General Manager/Sales & Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Promotes quality customer service and processes sales and registration transactions. Acts as the first point of contact for potential and current Goldfish customers, and is responsible for presenting a positive image for the company.
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ progress, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork.
- Performs Deck Teacher duties as needed.
- Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required. Some college preferred. Two years previous customer service and/or administrative office experience required. Intermediate level computer skills required using Word, Excel and other software systems.
Certifications and licenses: CPR, First Aid and AED certification required.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is exposed to heat and humidity occasionally. Noise level is usually moderate.