Northern Technologies, LLC Fargo, ND
- Expired: July 09, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Northern Technologies, LLC (NTI); a rapidly growing geotechnical consulting and materials testing firm, has a position for a full-time Drill Crewman to join our team at our Fargo, North Dakota office starting immediately. This position works under the direction of the Geotechnical Drilling Crew Chief on auger/rotary drilling machines.
The successful candidate for this position will be encouraged to expand their skill sets and certifications through company training and mentoring and currently possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Motivated to learn and get things done.
- Perform physical labor, shoveling, drilling debris and transporting materials using ergonomically correct lifting techniques.
- Ability to employ safe work practices.
- Clean driving record, valid driver's license; class A or B CDL a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% and on short notice.
- Previous drilling experience a plus.
- Experience in equipment maintenance/ mechanics or welding a plus.
- Assist the drilling crew leader advancing earth borings, collecting field data, classification of soils and logging of borings and wells.
- Attention to detail when collecting, organizing and documenting field samples generated while drilling and following ‘chain of custody’ protocol when delivering samples to lab.
- Maintain orderly and timely processing of drilling paperwork as directed by drilling crew leader and project engineers.
- Responsible for helping to maintain the tooling, equipment and support vehicles.
- Assist in execution of accurate logs of inventory, maintenance and repair work.
- Takes direction from the drilling crew leader, shop foreman and project engineers working as a team to efficiently complete fieldwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Comprehends and employs safe workplace policies presented to all employees through the Company Safety Training Program.
- Use required and approved personal protective equipment (PPE) while performing all function.
Department of Transportation:
- Operates all motorized equipment in a safe and lawful manner.
- Maintain necessary documentation relating to the operation of all motorized equipment.
Physical Demands, Hazards, and Working Conditions:
The employee will have to meet these requirements to perform the essential functions of this job:
- This job will be predominately outside work; must be able to tolerate all outside environmental conditions with the reasonable exception of weather extremes.
- This position is physically demanding; must be able to sit, stand, walk, twist, bend, kneel and lift up to 75 lbs.
- This position requires normal visual acuity and field vision, hearing and depth perception.
NTI offers a competitive benefit package including accrued PTO, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance and 401(k) match.
NTI is a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment subject to passing a drug test.
NTI an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
NTI is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact NTI HR at 701-551-2073.
Northern Technologies, LLC
ConstructionView all jobs at Northern Technologies, LLC