Water Treatment Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Northern Star Resources Limited(ASX: NST) is a global-scale Australian gold producer with Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star's gold mines are all world-class, low-cost, high-grade gold mines, which together have produced over 20 million ounces to date. This large inventory means a further 10 years of mine life visibility ensuring Northern Star has a long future based on its Tier-1 operations of Kalgoorlie, Jundee and Pogo. Since acquiring these operations, Northern Star has been able to significantly extend the mine life and grow the resource base of all of our mines by investing heavily in near-mine and in-mine exploration.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Pogo operation for an experienced and motivated Water/Wastewater Treatment Operator on 2 week on / 2 week off work schedule.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses,
- Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D insurance and other benefits such as 401k and paid leave
The Water Treatment Operator operates and maintains two Potable Water Treatment Facilities, two Industrial Wastewater Treatment Facilities, a Membrane Bioreactor Sewer Treatment Facility (MBR / STP), and numerous sewer lift stations.
WE ARELOOKING FOR
- Valid Driver's license is required.
- Must hold a current or be eligible for an Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (ADEC) Water/Wastewater Treatment 2 License.
- MSHA certificate preferred. Include experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required in Potable/Wastewater Treatment.
- Experience operating extended aeration, sequential batch reactor sewage treatment plant, or MBR preferred.
- Other experience with multimedia filters, ozone, filters presses, corrosion control chemicals, UV disinfection, and sewage lift stations a plus.
- Wastewater treatment experience desired.
- Should have critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Effective written, verbal, and communication skills to satisfy training, safety, and electronic message transmission policies of the company.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Windows environment with experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Outlook.
- Include skills (analytical, communication, leader)
- Working knowledge of water and wastewater treatment equipment.
- Familiarity with EPA regulations concerning drinking water including: Long Term 1 and 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule, Stage 2 Disinfection By-Product Rule, Lead and Copper Rule, Total Coliform Rule, and the Surface Water Treatment Rule.
- Must pass a post offer physical and drug test, as well as a background check
WORK SCHEDULE & ENVIRONMENT
Working a 14 day on, 14 day off rotating schedule, up to 12+ hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, internet & cable tv programs. Cell service is available when using Wi-Fi. The Company provides bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.
JOINING NORTHERN STAR'S TEAM
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognize the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Northern Star (Pogo) LLC
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Northern Star (Pogo) LLC