Buyer (Fairbanks Based)
Northern Star (Pogo) LLC Fairbanks, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Buyer is responsible for tracking purchase orders to provide real time status and taking actions to expedite critical and routine orders. This position will place orders as requested by supervision and follow-up or expedite orders as required and will perform various duties as needed including acknowledgements, backorder reports and discrepancies with placed orders.
- Understand and coordinate inventory or direct procurement to maintain routine and priority warehouse stock levels. Able to cover all Pogo purchase types as assigned.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders in Pronto using the Order Generator. Review purchase orders for commodity, line-item count, shipping mode, and urgency of need.
- Provide price changes, part number changes, and descriptive date updates to Inventory Control as changes occur for Item Master updates.
- Provide direction to vendors regarding shipping, change orders, cancellations, and routine purchasing communications.
- Maintain purchasing files for audit and problem resolution. Provide vendor analysis and feedback to Purchasing for improving Pogo Mine support. Provide cross coverage in Purchasing as needed.
- Review and track Pronto purchase orders for initial promise dates. Identify mission critical orders and provide status updates to Management. Accomplish regular backorder follow-up on routine and priority orders.
- Maintain vendor communications to ensure shipments maintain or improve delivery schedules. Take action when required to improve or divert freight to meet site operational needs.
- Must have a thorough understanding of intra, interstate, and international logistics lanes to Alaska and carrier capabilities.
- Update Pronto order status with changes as necessary.
- Provide vendor and carrier analysis to Purchasing for improving Pogo Mine support through bulk procurement and freight consolidation.
- Expediting in town and to the mine as needed, will pickup mine supplies from local suppliers and consolidate them for transportation to the mine site.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS A rotation schedule consisting of five days on/two days off eight hours a day in the Fairbanks office.
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES None QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION: Highschool diploma or equivalent CERTIFICATES & LICENCES: Valid Driver's license with a clean driving record for the past five years is required. EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in Purchasing, Material Control, or related field for industrial operations. Pronto software experience preferred. SKILLS: Capable of organized legible and effective date entry. Should have critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills. Strong planning and organizational skills. Effective written, verbal, and communication skills to satisfy training, safety, and electronic message transmission policies of the company. Demonstrated computer skills in Windows environment with experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. ABILITIES: Ability to read and interpret documents such as purchase orders, shipping documents, order acknowledgements, safety rules, and procurement manuals. Ability to speak effectively to customers and co-workers. Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision, ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing priorities. Ability to assume increasing levels of responsibility. Proven ability to read, comprehend, and apply information from technical manuals and other reference materials.
Must be fully vaccinated or inquire about a religious/health exemption.
BENEFITS: Competitive wages with pay progression, Safety bonuses & and after 1000 hours of work Basic Health insurance is effective
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Northern Star (Pogo) LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Northern Star (Pogo) LLC