TITLE: Tube Bending/Forming Technician
REPORTING TO: Welding Engineering Manager
This position will specialize in tube bending. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of tube forming, bending or related experience. Responsible for making pneumatic, electrical, mechanical, and programming repairs to the automated tube bending and ancillary equipment in the plant. Conducts experiments and tests and evaluates data to assist welding engineering personnel in development and applications of new or improved welding equipment; welding techniques, procedures, and practices; and specifications. Recommends adoption of new developments and applications to engineering personnel and demonstrates practicability of recommendations. Automated welding experience/knowledge desired but not required.
Works with Manufacturing Supervisors, Welding Engineers, Maintenance, Weld Fixture Repair, Quality, Production Operators, and Management to ensure that all welding and bending equipment is operational at all times.
- Troubleshoot Power Suppliers, Programs, Controllers, and Tooling fixtures for all assigned equipment.
- Pneumatic, electrical, mechanical, and programming repairs.
- Ability to make Rework vs. Scrap Decisions.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Communicate with other Shift Supervisors, Welding Engineers/Technicians, Welding Engineering Manager, and Plant Manager.
- Contact Vendors as needed for assistance.
- Interface with Engineering for production cell repairs and/or improvements.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Complete process audits as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent. Also must have four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Basic computer skills. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Explorer.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery. This is normally acquired through four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Manual dexterity required for operating and programming of machinery and computers.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
- Knowledge of: PPAP; PFMEA; Blueprint reading; QS9000 System; TS16949 System; ISO14001 System; GD & T; Corrective and Preventative Actions.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Upper Extremities: Job requires constant use of both upper extremities in handling tools, welding production and working with a keyboard. Must be able to reach/handle from floor to head level.
Lower Extremities: Job requires continuous standing, walking, frequent bending, kneeling, and stooping.
Tool and Equipment: Computer, Gauges, Hand Tools, Hand Truck, Forklift.
Critical Job Demands: Medium Strength Level, continuous use of Upper Extremities, extended periods of standing, walking, bending, and occasional climbing.
NSI knows our strength as an organization begins with the people we employ and in selecting the very best individuals to join our team. That is why we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse work group that reflects who we are.
We value employees who embrace challenges and thrive in a culture of innovation, integrity and quality.