- Expired: July 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Midwest Hardwood Company LLC is one of North America’s largest manufacturers of hardwood lumber. We produce and trade high-grade hardwood lumber, logs and value-added wood products for clients that span the globe.
We are searching for a Credit Manager to oversee the credit granting process and ensure that there is a consistent application of company credit policy across all divisions/locations.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee/administer company credit process and manage credit/collections staff
· Monitor the condition of accounts receivable, ensuring timely collections follow-up
- Involvement in client dispute resolutions and deductions processing
- Set up new accounts and create customer files (domestic and international)
- Establish and review customer credit limits and monitor credit limit compliance
- Conduct credit investigations and collection calls on delinquent accounts
- Work with export sales staff and outside brokers on international sales and related collections issues
- Partner with Sales, General Managers and Division Managers to address issues affecting payments to accounts and customer claims/payment obstacles
- Key contributor in periodic internal and state sales tax audits
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business; NACM certification preferred
- Minimum of five years of full-range credit experience, to include technical skills in account reconciliation, credit extensions, payment plans and credit insurance
- Strong working knowledge of bankruptcy procedures and collections laws
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Ability to maintain a friendly, professional demeanor and self-motivation when dealing with challenging people and/or situations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and aptitude for quickly learning new software applications; experience with Agility (DMSi) a plus
We hire people with a proven track record of work experience and the right attitude/work ethic.
Northern Recruiting Group
AddressMaple Grove, MN
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Northern Recruiting Group