Mechanical Laborers, Seasonal
Northern Plains Railroad Fordville, ND
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Mechanical Laborer Department: Mechanical (MP) Reports to: Assistant Mechanical Manager Status: Full Time Schedule: 7:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, (days may vary). Overtime
As directed by the Mechanical Foreman and Ass. Manager assists in miscellaneous maintenance duties. Most of the work done is manual labor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Remove and replace all locomotive components with the guidance of an experienced locomotive mechanic.
- Uses small and large hand tools as well as impact guns on a daily basis.
- Follow and obey all NPRC safety rules as well as FRA regulations in accordance to CFR 49 Part 229 Locomotive Safety Standards.
- Employees will be required to complete daily briefings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Valid driver’s license.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical demands listed below:
Able to consistently climb up and down locomotive stair ways.
· Continuous: Work outside on or near railroad track equipment, (most of day spent on feet standing). Grasping Air and electric as well as hand tools, materials & equipment. Vision & hearing while on duty, balancing.
· Frequent: Must be able to perform manual labor consisting of lifting & carrying 10-50 lbs, bending, and working at ground level in all types of weather. Balancing, crouching, hearing & vision, reaching above & below shoulder level, stooping and walking. Climbing on & off equipment or machines, driving, kneeling, squatting, ascend & descend ladders, sitting, ascend & descend stairs, twisting. Pushing & pulling.
· Occasional: Must be able to lift and carry 50 to 100 lbs.
· Rare: crawling & jogging, sitting.
· May require travel to various facilities and provide additional services.
· Continuous: Must be able to work outdoors in all extreme weather conditions. Must wear appropriate safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats, safety footwear, and hearing protection as required. Exposure to dust. Uneven surfaces.
- Frequent: Noise
- Occasional: Vibration, works at heights.
Education and Training:
- GED or higher
Northern Plains Railroad
ManufacturingView all jobs at Northern Plains Railroad