Boom Truck / Grapple Operator Class A CDL - Minot, ND
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Grapple Operator Department: Complete Track Works Division: Northern Plains Rail Services Reports to: Manager Track Construction and Maintenance Services Job Status: Full Time Schedule: Varies. M-F - 07:00-15:30 with additional hours as necessary. Travel required Regional 25% and Production 80+ %
Operate tractor trailers, medium and heavy trucks; load, transport, and unload materials, equipment, and supplies for NPRC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities at NPRC are, but not limited to:
- Operate tractor trailers, medium and heavy trucks; load, transport, and unload materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintain truck with accurate and up-to-date log books in compliance with DOT regulations and guidelines.
- Perform manual labor consisting of bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing, and lifting while working at ground level.
- Assist in the restoration, renewal, maintenance, and new construction of track structures as needed.
- Ability to travel. Overtime.
To perform this job successfully at NPRC, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must possess a current North Dakota Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL). Health card required.
- Able to operate heavy equipment or possess the comprehensive skills to learn.
NPRC may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical demands listed below:
· Continuous: Balancing, climbing, walking, sitting, standing, reaching below shoulder level, grasping control levers, vision and hearing, good hand-eye coordination to operate all controls.
· Frequent: Manual labor. Reaching above shoulder level at arm’s length for extended periods of time, twisting, pushing and pulling levers.
· Occasional: Squatting, kneeling, climbing up and down ladder, bending, lift & carry tools, materials, equipment up to 10 lbs. & up to 50 lbs., lift over 50 lbs. Ability to throw/aligning switches.
· Overhead lifting, crawling on deck
- May require travel to various facilities and provide additional services.
- Continuous: Must wear appropriate safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats, safety footwear, and hearing protection as required by the company. Exposed to noise.
- Frequent: Exposure to smoke, dust, fumes, odors, grease, oil, works outdoors in hot and cold temperatures and in all extreme weather conditions, works outside, vibration, works with moving machinery, works at heights.
- Occasional: Exposure to electrical hazards, works in cramped quarters, works inside, chemicals, stand on concrete, shift work, walks on uneven or slippery surface, wet conditions, works with others & alone, paperwork.
- Rare: Works with toxic materials.
Education and Training:
- GED or higher.
- 1 years’ experience driving a semi-truck.
· Must have and maintain an insurable driving status which includes but is not limited to NPR driver provisions.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.
Northern Plains Railroad
ConstructionView all jobs at Northern Plains Railroad