Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a passionate, hardworking team deeply committed to solving hunger in Northern Illinois. We are innovators and experts who strive for better and unabashedly embrace opportunities with excitement and optimism. We seek diverse perspectives and believe in the power of collaboration. We celebrate our wins, learn from our misses, laugh often and invest in each team member's potential so that together, we thrive.
Job Title Description: Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Customer Relations Manager
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for coordinating the food ordering process for member agencies by receiving and processing food orders from member agencies as well as performing various other administrative duties to support the process.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with member agencies
- Receives phone calls, emails, on-line communications from agencies regarding food orders. Enters orders into system on an “As Needed” basis.
- Ensures delivery information is entered into the system and is communicated appropriately.
- Receives payments via Interoffice Mail via driver staff and forwards to accounting.
- Advises on purchased and other acquired food. Informs food purchasing department regarding increases and decreases in demand with respect to certain products as communicated through NIFB Agency Members. Promotes products to agencies as appropriate.
- Uses tools via the internet to communicate with agencies (e.g. promotion of certain products, other communications).
- Creates weekly and monthly orders for both the milk program and government programs
- Reviews and releases orders to operations.
- Provides updated information and/or requests regarding pick-up delivery schedules.
- Schedules pick-up appointments on an “As Needed” basis.
- Communicates necessary information to all Agency Relations Representatives; receives needed information from the Agency Relations Team as needed.
- Understanding key customer individual needs and addressing these.
- Collaborates in cross department functions to coordinate various food delivery initiatives.
- Filing of daily invoices.
- Assists with yearly Holiday Meal Box Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- High school degree.
- Two years’ experience in a customer service or similar role.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including: data entry and experience working with databases, intermediate skills in Excel and Word.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and position self on a stool as necessary. The ability to handle boxes up to 30 pounds is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
This position is based out of our West Suburban Center (Geneva) Location.
Occasional localized travel to various events.
Northern Illinois Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
At Northern Illinois Food Bank, we take the health and safety of our employees, neighbors and their loved ones very seriously. We have concluded that the best way to ensure the safety of these individuals is to require that all of our employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Please know that in order to become employed by NIFB (if otherwise eligible), you must provide satisfactory proof of vaccination. You will not be required to provide this proof unless and until you receive a formal job offer from NIFB. Please also know that NIFB will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals who cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccination because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, observance, or pregnancy.
Northern Illinois Food
Get fresh Remote Customer Support Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.