Northern Illinois Academy, a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility in Aurora, IL, serves youth ages 6-21 who have major mental health and/or developmental disabilities. Our 87 bed facility is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
We are looking for a full-time Security Guard/Building Safety Officer. The Security Guard has the primary responsibility of monitoring the building’s main entrance/exit, greeting visitors and assisting with keeping our residents safe.
Essential Job Duties
- Monitor and secure the building’s main entrance/exit.
- Ensure that residents do not leave the main entrance without the permission of staff.
- Greet visitors in a friendly manner and insure visitors sign in/out.
- Announce the arrival of visitors via two-way radio to the appropriate staff member/unit.
- Complete daily activity and incident reports.
- Maintain reservation logs and keys for facility vehicle usage.
- Assign two-way radios to staff.
- Assist with answering the telephone if the receptionist is unavailable
- Responsible for staff meal ticket purchases
- Perform additional duties as requested
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Must pass Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training at time of hire.
- Demonstrates a helpful attitude
- Friendly demeanor
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in the work environment
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation - $11.00/hour
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after sixty days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Program/Health Savings Account
- 401(k) after sixty days
- Paid Time Off after ninety days
- DailyPay - a company sponsored benefit that allows employees to access a portion of their base wages in advance of their payday.