Assist clients with developmental and intellectual disabilities with personal care needs. Observation and reporting of individual’s medical problems or complaints. Help individual with daily living skills. May plan, prepare, cook and serve meals following preference menus. Help keep individual and their clothing, beds and living areas clean. Develop and encourage participation in individual (or group) leisure time activities. Assist in medical (doctor appointments). May escort individual to various locations during local community shopping trips, doctor appointments or activities and perform other duties as required.
Other duties as needed; including but not limited to:
- To provide in-home and community-based assistance to clients according to Individual Care Plan (ICP) set up by Regional Center and NCPCA Program Manager.
- To keep timely progress notes on client’s needs and performance.
- To evaluate and assess all clients in the areas outlined in the ICP.
- To attend staff meetings when needed.
- To attend in-service training sessions when offered.
- To assist (as needed) field trips and other special events.