- Posted: over a month ago
The Northern Bank Event Coordinator position is key to building relationships and requires a highly organized, creative, detail oriented and motivated person to serve as lead for planning and execution of Northern Bank events. This role will also provide support the Charitable Foundation.
Events include corporate functions, client appreciation, employee appreciation, State of the Bank, networking events, hosted seminars, community events, tradeshow exhibitions, and conferences. The position deals with a wide range of responsibilities that include: seeking and securing sponsorships, event theme building, communicating with event attendees, marketing, contracting vendors, coordinating event logistics, timelines and tasks as necessary for event production.
The Event Coordinator must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines. The Event Coordinator should have a passion for delivering a memorable experience, providing outstanding communication to Northern Bank employees and event attendees, be an enthusiastic professional, and be capable of building strong and positive relationships with prospects and customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate logistics for the Charitable Foundation and the Donation program.
Charitable Foundation coordination includes, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing donation requests
- Researching requestor business’ services and client base
- Gathering financials, when needed
- Communicating and tracking approved donations
- Coordinating donation payments with Finance
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities and track volunteer hours
Serve as the lead for event planning and production.
Event Planning includes, but is not limited to:
- Create and manage the timeline and task list for all Northern Bank hosted and sponsored events
- Support all event planning and production meetings and discussions
- Organize and collaborate with the Marketing Team on event concept, graphic design, production, printing, and event marketing
- Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book event space, arrange food and beverage, order all supplies/decorations, coordinate audiovisual equipment & operation
- Coordinate the logistics for shipping supplies
- Secure guest speakers and entertainment; coordinate rehearsals
- Work with venue to create/revise room layouts/seating arrangements for each event as necessary
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
- Organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes
- Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members following each event
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide post-event reports
- Keep track of finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Research venue options, coordinate appointments and visits to see venue space, and schedule events on the calendar
- 3+ years prior experience coordinating events or project management
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated time management skills, multi-tasking abilities, team playing skills
- Budget management and negotiation skills
- Ability to accomplish projects independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Experience with hiring and managing vendors for event production
- Internet research and email savvy
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce (can be trained)
- Thrives in a very collaborative environment
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).
Powered by JazzHR
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Northern Bank