Ensuring the achievement of Northern Arizona Healthcare's mission, the Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of care for patients and their families including direct care, patient and family education and discharge planning. When providing care, Registered Nurses follow the process of assessing, nursing diagnosing, outcome identification, planning, implementing and evaluation as the basis for the delivery of care. The Registered Nurse provides leadership for ancillary personnel by being a team leader, serving as a preceptor, and being an active member of the healthcare team. The nurse practices within the ANA Scope of Practice, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and the standards of his/ or her specialty.
To learn more about NAH's Critical Care Units click here
* Assesses the needs and conditions of assigned patients by gathering relevant patient health information.
* Identifies outcomes, develops a plan of care individualized to the patient and/or situation, and implements the identified plan appropriate for the attainment of the expected outcomes.
* Assesses patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes and effectively revises/updates diagnoses, outcomes and plans of care as appropriate.
* Contributes to patient experience by providing quality & safe patient care (as described above) and by respecting patients privacy, and treating all patients, family members, and guests, as well as other associates, with dignity, respect, and compassion.
* Evaluates patient conditions frequently and adapts plan of care appropriately.
* Performs aseptic techniques by maintaining a sterile field while using principles of disinfection, sterilization, and infection control.
* Maintains infection prevention standards.
* Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals.
* Assists as necessary with procedures (central line placement, chest tube insertion, x-rays, ultrasounds, intubations and extubations).
* Participates in creating and sustaining a learning environment supported by evidenced based practice and research.
* Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in professional/collegial interactions with peers and students.
* Work collaboratively with peers and other health care providers, and participating in ongoing in-service and educational seminars.
* Participates in the mentoring and education of colleagues and students.
* Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost effective manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees area of responsibility.
* If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific training in the specified time frame.
* Maintains timely and accurate documentation of assessments, interventions, EMR entries, and patient responses.
* Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
Associate Degree in Nursing- Required
BSN - Must enroll in a BSN program within 1 year of hire and complete within 5 years of hire
Certification & Licensures
Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Arizona- Required
BLS & ACLS - Required
NIHSS- Required for RN's who work in stroke designated areas
Requisition ID: 2019-5059
Street: 269 S, Candy Ln
Certifications: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Basic Life Support, Registered Nurse