The Transporter responsible for providing patient transportation in accordance with the Nursing Plan of Care and Medical/Surgical Standards of Care and Practice. The Transporter may provide basic life support to the ill or injured patient while being transported to and from departments within the hospital. S/he performs other duties, as assigned or directed, that are within the scope and abilities of the individual's training. The Transporter may interact with patients and/or families, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
* Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds as requested to include transport of patients on oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, and appropriate drips.
* With assistance, transfers patients to or from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers as needed.
* During discharge, assist patients in and out of vehicles and escorts or transports them to and from hospital lobby and open doors.
* Keeps RN informed of any changes in patient behaviors/status.
* Accurately utilizes the teletracking system to respond to and complete transport jobs.
* Performs clerical duties (answers telephone, filing, photocopying, etc.) as needed.
* Communicates patient information/incomplete assignments to ensure continuity of care.
* Participates in creating and sustaining a learning environment supported by evidenced based practice and research.
* Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in professional/collegial interactions with peers.
* Work collaboratively with peers and other health care providers, and participating in ongoing in-service and educational seminars.
* Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost effective manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees area of responsibility.
* If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific training in the specified time frame.
* Maintains timely and accurate documentation of assessments, interventions, EMR entries, and patient responses.
High School Diploma or GED- Required
Certification and Licensures:
Current BLS (American Heart Association)- Required
Arizona EMT certification to be maintained throughout employment.-(VVMC/EMT)- Required
Arizona Paramedic certification to be maintained throughout employment-(VVMC/Paramedic)- Required
Fingerprint Card- within 90 days
ACLS (American Heart Association)-(VVMC only)- Preferred
3 months to 1 year- (VVMC/EMT)- Preferred
Requisition ID: 2019-5357
Street: 269 S, Candy Ln
Call Required: No
Experience: 3 months to 1 year - preferred
Certifications: Basic Life Support, Emergency Medical Technician
Full Name: First Last: ALLISON GREGG
Email Address: Allison.email@example.com