Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Community Integrated Paramedic Program Coordinator must be an experienced paramedic, able to write CIP reports, collect data, formulate CIP treatment guidelines and CIP policies, and they must be able to work with a variety of patients in a community setting. Will also be required to perform Emergency Medical Care Technician - Paramedic (EMT-P) duties such as basic and advanced life support to the ill or injured patient(s) in the pre-hospital setting. S/he is expected to operate independently as well as assist their Paramedic or EMT partner(s) in assessing and treating the critically ill or injured patient and will be expected to work within their scope of practice. This position may provide care to neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults and seniors.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older at time of application to be considered.
* Demonstrates ability to utilize a team approach when assisting and delivering patient care.
* Ability to critically assess a situation and call for additional resources as needed.
* Manages or assists in the assessment and treatment of simple and multi system trauma and medical emergencies.
* Demonstrates ability to administer CPR for extended periods of time.
* Demonstrates ability to identify and manage life threatening problems and assists partner(s) in managing them.
* Demonstrates ability to obtain manual vital signs.
* Demonstrates ability to interact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances.
* Demonstrates ability to manage unpredictable or emergency situations.
* Demonstrates ability to professionally interact with all levels of pre-hospital care providers from various agencies within response region.
* Interacts directly with patients, families, the general public, local community groups, law enforcement personnel, fire department personnel, physicians and nurses.
* Demonstrates ability to safely work around violent and other high risk patient populations.
* Assesses each situation; remains calm in high stress situations and is able to work around loud noises and flashing lights.
* Demonstrates ability to document patient care.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental needs of patients across the life span.
* Public presentations of the CIP program.
* CIP program metrics and operational reports.
* Maintains & develops CIP program policies and treatment guidelines.
* CIP program development and growth, including billing strategies. .
* Meets regularly with CIP Medical Director.
* Collaborate with other NAH sponsored CIP programs. .
* Preceptor and mentor for new CIP's.
* Works in community settings, homes, homeless shelters, etc.
* Demonstrates ability to interpret written, oral and diagnostic form instructions and relay critical information to partner(s) or clinician(s).
* Demonstrates ability to communicate via radio and cell phone.
* Demonstrates ability to communicate with providers, patient care, and continuing patient care needs to receiving clinician.
* Demonstrates ability to communicate with all levels of pre-hospital care providers from various agencies within response region.
* Demonstrates ability to communicate directly with patients, families, the general public, local community groups, law enforcement personnel, fire department personnel, physicians, and nurses.
Emergency & Fleet Vehicles
* Demonstrates ability to operate emergency vehicles during non emergent (no lights or sirens) and emergent (lights and sirens) situations.
* Operates GMT fleet vehicles.
* Assists with securing patients or other riders with seat-belts or other appropriate restraining devices.
* Assists with securing equipment inside the ambulance and specifically in the patient compartment.
* Maintains current knowledge of pre-hospital and emergency medicine trends.
* Acts as a preceptor/mentor for new hire EMT's, Paramedic students and new hire Paramedics, as well as provides direct over site to EMT partner.
* Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employee's area of responsibility.
* If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific training in the specified time frame.
* Completes scheduled team approach training on equipment use, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
* Follows all GMT and Arizona state rules for driving emergency and nonemergent.
* Promptly reports vehicle-related incidents per NAH driving policy.
* Dresses in appropriate GMT approved uniform and wears appropriate PPE as required.
* Adheres to NAH policy CP 111 in regards to driving record.
High School Diploma or GED- Required
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in related field- Preferred
Certification & Licensure
Arizona certification as a Certified Emergency Paramedic (EMCT-P)- Required
Current BLS, ALS & PALS (American Heart Association)- Required
Valid Arizona Driver's License with no moving violations within the prior 36 months- Required
Must provide a current official copy of driving record prior to employment and on an annual basis thirty (30) days prior to evaluation- Required
PHTLS or IHTLS- Required within one year of hire
National Registry Paramedic- Preferred
Prior experience providing patient care in a busy EMS system- Preferred
Prior experience working in patient care (hospital based)- Preferred
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software programs.
Call Required: Yes-within 30 minutes
Requisition ID: 2019-5882
Street: 1200 N, Beaver St.
Full Name: First Last: JESSICA BROCK
Email Address: Jessica.email@example.com
Thanks for letting us know
Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
Northern Arizona Healthcare
Get fresh Communication Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!