Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Clinical Manager role is focused on managing departmental goals and objectives. This is accomplished through staff retention, setting clear expectations, ensuring the provision of exceptional patient experience, and identifying improvement processes to achieve objectives and implementation of action plans
* Oversees the design and follow through of an orientation that addresses the individual needs of the employee.
* Establishes and maintains mutual trust and respect with staff.
* Promotes an environment that motivates, nurtures and empowers staff. Works to maintain positive inter-departmental relations.
* Works with employees to facilitate and achieve skill, educational and performance goals.
* Assist staff in developing plans outlining improvement process when needed.
* Delegates tasks/projects to staff and demonstrates appropriate follow-up to ensure desired outcomes. Specifically assigns the monitoring of equipment and supplies.
* Utilizes objective criteria to assess the aptitude of staff wishing to serve as charge, mentors, and preceptors. Assigns employees based on their ability to perform in a leadership/mentor role.
* Participates/leads process improvement initiatives utilizing organizational tools and resources.
* Has a hospital reputation for managing a quality department as demonstrated by quality measurements such as Patient Experience, physician satisfaction, and employee engagement survey.
* Maintains high visibility in the department, providing staff opportunity to interact with a manager during staff's regular work hours. Demonstrates a willingness to discuss issues with staff during their worked hours.
* Occasionally may need to take a patient assignment.
* Participates in creating and sustaining a learning environment supported by evidenced-based practice and research.
* Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in professional/collegial interactions with peers and students.
* Work collaboratively with peers and other healthcare providers, and participating in ongoing in-service and educational seminars.
* Participates in the mentoring and education of colleagues and students. Assists with providing training for new services, technology, medications, and equipment on an on-going basis. Utilizes onsite education when possible.
* Demonstrates initiative to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills required for unit specialty, management and leadership.
* Manages time to accommodate own education.
* Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost-effective manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employee's area of responsibility.
* If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific training in the specified time frame.
* Maintains timely and accurate documentation of assessments, interventions, EMR entries, and patient responses.
Master's Degree- Preferred
2 years recent hospital clinical experience- Required