- Posted: over a month ago
Northern Architectural Systems is a growth-minded, locally owned and operated company which is dedicated to servicing our customers. We offer high quality, energy-efficient fenestration and building facade solutions to meet the requirements of a demanding market, while remaining environmentally-friendly. Northern Architectural Systems has been recognized by INC Magazine on the list of the top 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America and as one of the top 50 Fasted Growing Companies in New Jersey by NJBIZ Magazine.
Northern Architectural Systems (NAS) is looking for a Project Coordinator, who possesses an understanding of engineering concepts, to assist in developing, managing and maintaining relationships with our key customers and clients. The Project Coordinator will be cross trained within NAS to understand and perform the basic functions in each department.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that customer queries, projects and issues are dealt with efficiently and in a professional manner. Each Project Coordinator will establish and sustain relationships with multiple customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
The primary responsibilities of the Project Coordinator are:
- Liaise with all internal departments to understand customer projects, their status and issues relating to projects.
- Be the personal and central contact point for all customer inquiries.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all projects and queries relating to that customer.
- The Project Coordinator will work with the sales teams to understand the flow of work from customers.
- Read and understand work orders, shop drawings, pick tickets, routings, schedules, material labels, part drawings, and inspection data records.
- Develop a working knowledge of the capabilities for aluminum, plastics, gaskets, glazing and other materials associated with the business
- Understand process flows within NAS though each department
- Take appropriate measures to ensure all orders are completed in production, according to quality and technical specifications.
It is also expected that the Project Coordinator has a basic understanding of NAS in order to:
- Manage day to day revisions and communicate changes across formats and departments.
- Assist in maintaining physical and electronic folders and records related to order confirmation, material allocation, projects and order production with the factory.
- Read a bill of materials (BOM) for Purchasing and Production departments.
- Be communicative in offering suggestions on changes for documentation, specifications and/or anything related with the BOM Bill of Materials, orders and confirmations.
- Provide clerical input as required for the monthly reporting progress / scheduling and assist in quarterly forecasting
- A bachelor’s degree
- 1 - 3+ years of work experience in manufacturing or a similar environment
- Fluency with MS Office Suite, primarily in Excel
- Strong numerical skills and strong attention to detail
- Basic AutoCAD skills – 2D & 3D / Fusion 360 / SOLIDWORKS
- A familiarity with manufacturing operations and data entry
- Prior project management experience
- An ability to read fabrication drawings and familiarity with basic measurement methods
- A familiarity with architectural drawings
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, displaying strong written and oral communications
- A desire for personal and professional growth, keeping their knowledge and skills current
- An ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
Full-time position - Salary commensurate with experience
Medical and Dental benefits offered
PTO (Paid Time Off)
Northern Architectural Systems
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?