- Expired: September 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Northern Architectural Systems ("NAS") is a growth-minded, locally owned and operated company which is dedicated to servicing our customers. We offer high quality, energy-efficient fenestration and building facade solutions to meet the requirements of a demanding market, while remaining environmentally-friendly. Northern Architectural Systems has been recognized by INC Magazine on the list of the top 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America and as one of the top 50 Fasted Growing Companies in New Jersey by NJBIZ Magazine.
We are looking to fulfill our need for a Manufacturing Engineer at our Teterboro, NJ facility. This role will be responsible for assisting our production staff with product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials as well as assisting with scheduling, planning and forecasting. This individual will be accountable for assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. The Manufacturing Engineer must possess exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills while being results-driven with a keen attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional duties may be assigned):
- Familiar with work orders, shop drawings, pick tickets, routings, schedules, material labels, part drawings and inspection data records.
- Develop a working knowledge of the capabilities for aluminum, plastics, gaskets, glazing and other materials associated with the business
- Assist in the design and development of new products
- Generate a bill of materials (BOM) for the Purchasing and Production departments.
- Offer suggestions for changes to documentation, specifications, and/or anything related with the BOM, orders and confirmations
- Participate in group discussions and meetings with management
- Provide assistance in resolving manufacturing challenges
- Enter and maintain operational data such as part numbers, batches, sizes and revision levels in NAS's systems.
- Responsible for developing production documents, managing revisions and communicating changes across various formats and departments.
- Assist in maintaining folders and records related to order confirmations, material allocation and order production with the factory.
- Ensure all orders are completed in production, according to all quality and technical specifications.
- Provide clerical input as required for monthly reporting and scheduling and assist in quarterly forecasting.
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering degree
- Mechanical engineering knowledge a plus
- 1+ years' experience as a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer or similar position
- Must have basic knowledge of AutoCAD
- Able to read fabrication drawings and knowledgeable in basic measurement methods
- Familiarity with manufacturing operations
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to plan and prioritize activities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, displaying strong written and oral communications
- Computer literate and working knowledge of MS Office
Medical and Dental benefits offered
PTO (Paid Time Off)
Northern Architectural Systems
Get fresh Northern Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.