- Posted: over a month ago
Position Overview – General Manager
The Company is seeking a General Manager who will provide leadership and strategic direction to the Northeast Power Dry Team through a participative communication and management style. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of urgency, strong bias for action and a solid background with demonstrated results in operational excellence. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer, and leads a dynamic team consisting of mitigation sales, finance and customer service.
The GM will be responsible for the development & growth of the Northeast Power Dry management team and hourly employees. The GM will also focus on meeting and exceeding operating and financial goals, client objectives, OKR metrics, and customer needs. This individual will be focused on ensuring operational excellence in the delivery of the services Northeast Power Dry provides.
- Manage all facets of the organization including full P&L responsibility
- Responsible for the training, development and performance management of personnel, operations managers and hourly employees
- Drive operational efficiencies, labor/scheduling productivity
- Drive a positive work environment and utilize effective communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Lead development of team ensuring high performance, talent succession planning, optimal staffing and employee engagement
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and business relationships with clients/customers
- Ensure that client objectives are fully met by maintaining active customer relationships including formal structured monthly business reviews
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university/college; MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in operational management required
- Previous management experience in the Disaster Mitigation and Restoration industry a plus
- Knowledge of financial analysis and interpretation required
- Previous construction management experience highly preferred
- Prior experience in mentoring and developing management level staff is required, as is experience leading 50+ person staff of managers and hourly employees
- High degree of integrity and business maturity
- Previous P&L experience required managing budgets in the multi-millions within the service industry, with a proven track record of growing accounts.
- Demonstrated time management skills, resulting in the ability to manage multiple lines of business and prioritize time and resources accordingly.
- Ideal candidates will possess a high energy level that is communicated to the team they will lead
- Demonstrate proven success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and considerable negotiation skills are also needed to drive results.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is a key success measure
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills and experience are essential for success in this role
- Candidates must possess a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to lead directly and through influence
Northeast Power Dry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.*
*The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: * Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage * Health care and dependent care spending accounts * Short- and long-term disability * Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance * 401(k) plan with a company match.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Setting and meeting goals for service, operations, and financial results
- Maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Inspecting and adhering to safety and sanitation guidelines
- Performing front-line customer service
- Waiting period may apply
RetailView all jobs at Northeast PowerDry