Northeast Georgia Health System is expanding its neuroscience program, specifically the Neurovascular Intervention program for the Gainesville campus. NGHS is currently recruiting a BC/BE Fellowship Trained Interventional Neurologist to join our growing practice to build an Endovascular and Interventional Stroke Program. The Candidate would be welcomed by a team of 6 general neurosurgeons and 11 neurologists.
Education, Training, & Experience
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Neurology
- Fellowship Trained – Vascular Neurology and/or Endovascular
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Georgia
- Functions well in a team environment, contributing to and supporting organizational goals and initiatives.
- Desire to be part of the development of a world-class neurosciences program and a growing Neurosurgery team.
Interventional Neurology Program Overview
- The ER has over 110,000 visits per year, 24/7 Critical Care, Hospitalist and Trauma coverage.
- NGMC Gainesville is a Certified Primary Stroke Center covering over 1200 stroke and TIA patients annually.
- 23 operating rooms including the da Vinci Surgical System
- BrainLab NeuroNavigation and a Biplanar Endovascular Suite is budgeted and planned
- Three dedicated neurosciences operating rooms
- Dedicated stroke and neurosurgery inpatient units
- A fully equipped Neurophysiology Lab
- An accredited Sleep Disorders Center
- AiroMobile Intraoperative CT
- A 32-bed intensive care unit staffed 24/7 by critical care physicians
- Outstanding inpatient support including Neuro-hospitalist
- EMR Platform - EPIC
Benefits of Working at Northeast Georgia Health System
- Excellent Compensation and Benefits package
- Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Available
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
- NGHS is a Teaching Hospital with a growing GME program
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals – Healthgrades
- Recognized in recent years as Georgia’s #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women’s care and more
- Thriving economy, low cost of living, and Award-Winning Schools
- Endless Outdoor Activities including hiking, biking, and world-class water sports on Lake Lanier
- Short Commute only 45 minutes to Atlanta and 45 minutes to the North Georgia Mountains
Northeast Georgia Health System – Dramatically Different
Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG), one of the largest multi-specialty groups in Georgia, brings together more than 400+ talented physicians and advanced practitioners representing 30 specialties at over 70 locations. NGPG is affiliated with Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS), which serves more than 1,000,000 people in more than 13 counties across the region. As part of NGHS, patients of NGPG have a direct connection to Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s three hospital campuses in Gainesville, Braselton and Barrow County. Learn more about our awarded services at www.nghs.com.
Please email CV to Erica Morrison – Physician Recruitment