The licensed mental health professional develops psychotherapeutic treatment plans and delivers psychotherapeutic services directly to the clinic patient. The licensed mental health professional is responsible for adhering to professional and legal requirements and principles as well as demonstrating sound professional judgment at all times. LICSW, LMHC, LMFT from the state of Rhode Island.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, as well as other duties may be assigned:
- Attends regularly scheduled treatment team meetings to communicate the patient's progress with regard to specified target areas.
- Creates individualized treatment plans with appropriate and measurable and realistic/ attainable goals.
- Communicates with collateral service providers and/or patient’s significant others to coordinate care as appropriate, with patient consent.
- Ensures that all treatment methodologies are evidence based and reflect the most recent research findings.
- Updates patient treatment plan per clinic policy requirements (every 90 days).
- Appropriately records the essential process and content of each patient or significant other contact.
- Requests as necessary treatment authorization from third party payers and tracks utilization.
- Provides billing data each Monday by 5pm for the previous week.
- Attends referral source meetings as needed.
- Supervises interns as assigned.
- Interfaces with referral sources, patients and families to provide information as appropriate.
- Attends patient record reviews
- Maintains professional license in good standing and provides copy to Human Resources Director each renewal cycle.
- Changes method and degree of therapy when indicated by patient reactions.
- Discusses progress toward goals with patient, family, and referral agencies as appropriate and with consent.
- Consults with Professional Services Director concerning treatment plan as needed and amends plan as indicated.
Required experience :
- Clinician: 1 year
- Required license or certification:
- LICSW, LMHC, LMFT