The project manager, construction, position plans, directs, coordinates or budgets, usually through estimator and foremen, activities concerned with the construction and pavement of heavy/highway projects. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation.
1. Work with superintendents and foremen to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with road and site construction projects.
2. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with supervisors and foremen to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
3. Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
4. Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site foremen to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
5. Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
6. Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
7. Work with contract administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
8. May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
9. Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients.
10. Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
11. Work with dispatcher to assign workers to construction sites to work on specified projects.
1. Communication Proficiency.
3. Mathematical Skills.
4. Mechanical Knowledge.
5. Project Management.
6. Teamwork Orientation.
7. Excel program
while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma.
2. Trade school training.
If you are interested in applying to a professional construction company please don't hesitate to email resume to the contact above. Please no commercial inquirers only have openings for residential carpenters. Thanks
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 /year