- Perform various custodial duties to include daily cleaning of restrooms, shops, offices, classrooms and corridors in accordance with standard good practice procedures. Perform cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules using the prescribed methods. Perform supplemental necessary duties as assigned.
- Dust horizontal/vertical surfaces.
- Empty and remove waste or recycles trash receptacles.
- Damp wipe all furniture.
- Clean metal and porcelain fixtures in restrooms.
- Dry and wet mop floors in offices, classrooms, shop areas, etc.
- Clean walls, windows and metal surfaces
- Replenish restroom supplies.
- Assist in cleaning of spills.
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and report all repairs needed.
- Observe and report the need of furniture or other building fixtures repairs.
- In case of emergency, perform duties as assigned.
- Ensure all doors are locked or unlocked as scheduled and report all suspicious activities.
- Complete all tasks assigned by management.
- Strip floors to remove all soil and finish.
- Refinish floors to a clean and glossy appearance.
- Spot clean, shampoo and extract carpets as required
Knowledge & Experience
1. Knowledge of all aspects of custodial responsibilities.
2. Excellent communication skills and ability to function on a team.
3. Ability to implement and maintain reliable cleaning schedules.
- Must be physically able to lift, lower, push and pull objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted. Ability to stand, climb, bend, stoop and crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to initiate and maintain good relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions and directions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to pass drug screen and background check.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a custodial position.