Special Education Teacher: Required Education, Certification and Skills
- Master's degree in Education. NYS Teacher Certification in Special Education (B-2/B-6)
- Have in-depth knowledge of disabilities in children, and instructional strategies that may be utilized for each type of disability.
- Have thorough understanding of children with special education needs, and able to develop a strong bond with them.
- Able to differentiate and individualize the curriculum to meet the needs of students in line with their IEPs.
- Able to evaluate and write student's IEPs and progress reports.
General Education Teacher: Required Education, Certification and Skills
- Master's degree in Education. NYS Teacher Certification in Early Childhood Education (B-2/B-6)
- In-depth knowledge of instructional strategies appropriate for early childhood education.
- Adept at presenting reading, writing, speaking and listening strategies using concepts and language that students understand; able to provide relevant examples and demonstrations to illustrate and reinforce concepts and skills. Skilled at designing and implementing remediation activities as needed.
- Encourage students to accurately express ideas, and develop productive work habits and study skills.
- Able to observe and evaluate student’s progress throughout the year;
Other Required Skills applicable to both:
- An excellent communicator with good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful and creative. Supportive, flexible and compassionate.
- Adept at writing and delivering lesson plans; assigning developmentally appropriate tasks, and able to adjust instructional pacing to maximize time-on-task and student understanding.
- Experienced with remote learning platforms such as Google Class, Class Dojo, etc.
- Able to integrate a variety of technology applications and learning tools to augment student achievement.
- Able to implement various behavior management strategies in the classroom.
- Able to establish and maintain excellent relationship with parents and work colleagues.
- Fluency in Spanish as a second language will be an advantage.
Interviews may be facilitated in-person or remotely.
Northeast Bronx Day Care Center Inc.Day School serving general education and special education needs of children 3 - 4 years old
New York, NY