Northwest Engineering Service, Inc is the leading provider of mechanical systems Testing, Adjusting and Balancing Services in Oregon and Idaho. Founded in 1958, NWESI continues to have a reputation for providing quality work and for our professional assessments.
We are looking to add to our team in the Portland Metro. The TAB Technician is responsible for testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) of environmental and HVAC systems performed on air and hydronics equipment in buildings.
At NWESI, we are proud to be employee-owned. As part of joining our team, this role will be eligible for participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Test, Adjust and Balance Commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems
- Inspect systems, equipment, and assemblies to verify compliance
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications
- Troubleshoot HVAC systems
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Project leader with multiple projects
- Work with the division manager to assure projects stay within budget and schedule
- Mentor apprentices and provide direction
- Communicate effectively with all construction project team members
- NEBB Certified TAB Professional or AABC Certified Test & Balance Technician is required
- 3 or more years’ experience as a TAB technician
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings, HVAC systems, and HVAC control sequences.
- Ability to handle physical workload, working at heights on lifts and ladders
- Strong problem solving, math and critical thinking skills
- Independent and Self-Motivated
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, with a $450 Café Contribution provided by the company
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Reimbursement for educational and credentialing expenses related to professional development and defined pay raises or bonuses related to certifications.
- 25 paid days off (includes holidays, vacation, sick time)
- Profit-Sharing Program and 401k
Employee Stock Ownership Plan with a minimum of 3% annual company contribution for employees