NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals - Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Resource Social Worker for our Cross Care Continuum department based at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, IL. This is a per diem / PRN position and is limited benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on Mon-Fri, as needed, from 8:30am to 5:00pm and weekends, as needed, from 8:30am to 5:00pm. Must be able to travel as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive direct patient continuum of care, case management services,
- Coordination and referral to health and social welfare resources and discharge planning in conjunction with the Continuum Care Manager or Care Navigator.
- Functions as integral member of a collaborative and interdisciplinary team.
- Supports Nursing services and other clinical and non-clinical ancillary services in assuring the continuum of care for patients and in maintaining the quality of service delivery.
- Will also serve as patient advocate.
- Requires travel to different pavilion sites, medical group/affiliate offices, and patient homes (30% - 40%).
Our ideal candidate will have:
- LSW or LCSW license required
- Master's degree from an accredited school of social work required
- Two years social work experience required; preferably in acute care setting (2 - 4 years' experience preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platform preferred
- Reliable transportation to travel to different locations
- BLS for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) within 90-days of hire required
- Other clinical certification, i.e. case management beneficial
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.