Location: Granada Hills, CA. Relocation assistance will be discussed during the interview process.
Looking for a part-time / full time veterinarian. You will become part of a staff of dedicated people, looking to provide excellent service to our community. We have been present in Granada Hills since 1983. We utilize multiple area specialists and have several coming to our practice as required for ultrasound and surgery. Applicants need to be proficient in diagnostic techniques, medicine and surgery. Good communication skills with clients and staff is a must. We are a family owned practice looking to add a great Dr. to our team. New grads welcome, will mentor. We hope to talk to you soon!
Veterinarian responsibilities include:
- Examining animals and checking their health status
- Diagnosing illnesses and determining the best treatment
- Dressing the wounds of injured animals
We are looking for a Veterinarian to diagnose and treat our clients’ animals. Our clinic specializes in dogs, cats and occasionally smaller animals.
What does a Veterinarian do?
Your day-to-day as a Vet includes performing surgeries on injured animals, treating wounds, spaying and neutering animals and prescribing medicine. If you love being around animals and are committed to offering them the best possible healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll act as the point of contact for pet owners, whether it’s to treat illnesses and injuries or to advise on animal nutrition and general care.
- Examine animals and check their health status
- Diagnose illnesses and determine the best treatment
- Dress wounds of injured animals
- Perform dental, ophthalmic and orthopedic surgeries
- Vaccinate animals to prevent diseases
- Spay and neuter cats and dogs as needed
- Prescribe medication
- Advise pet owners on nutrition, preventive healthcare and general care
- Conduct home visits occasionally, in case of emergency
- Update client records
- Work experience as a Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician or Veterinarian Assistant
- Experience conducting various types of surgeries, vaccinations and health checks on animals
- Knowledge of medical equipment (e.g. X-ray machines) and anesthesia procedures
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language
- Availability to take evening or weekend shifts in cases of emergency
- Patience and a love for animals
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree
North Valley Veterinary Clinic
Why Work Here?We are a very busy full service small animal hospital and deal strictly with Dogs and Cats. Open Mon, Wed, Fri, 8-6 . Tue and Thur open from 8-7 . Sat open from 8-1pm.
Family-owned practice in business since 1983!