2020 Summer Intern Program
NTTA is an organization sanctioned by the State of Texas to develop and maintain high-quality roadways in North Texas. We are viewed as a cutting-edge leader in the toll industry nationwide, delivering transportation solutions to almost 5 million clients. As a customer-driven organization, our purpose is to enhance the quality of life for area residents. We serve one of the fastest growing regions in the United States, and continue to grow with it to meet increasing transportation needs. NTTA is a vibrant organization with a highly qualified, energized, and engaged team. We are looking for individuals to join this team and help us maintain our place as a respected leader and partner in the regions transportation network.
NTTA has several internship opportunities at their Corporate Headquarters in Plano, Texas. The internship program is designed to allow interns to gain valuable skills through hands-on experience of the day-to-day operations of a successful toll road entity. We have positions in the Legal, Business Diversity, Human Resources, IT Service Desk and IT Business Intelligence, Maintenance Warehouse, Systems & Incident Management/Emergency Management and Traffic Engineering departments.
- Currently enrolled or completion of junior or senior year towards an undergraduate/graduate degree within the fields of Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations, or other similar field.
- GPA of 2.5 is required.
- Possess excellent research and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong communication, organizational and technical skills with the ability to multi-task. Fast learner and team player with a willing to learn attitude, that is adaptive and receptive to various duties and assignments.
- Intern will work to improve database of stock parts by adding information such as manufacturer, photo of part, related contract information, and other information that would assist with improved customer service and/or inventory control.
- Explore creation of a searchable online catalog of parts to improve customer service and ease of part identification.
- Develop standard customer reports that can be sent on a routine schedule to notify customer of inventory levels and usage.
- Integrity: Able to operate with a high sense of ethics and possess high moral standards.
- Teamwork: Ability to work together for an inviting and productive atmosphere, and to help maximize production and job performance.
- Excellence: NTTA looks for the quality of distinction and merit in our interns.
- Accountability: Focusing on continuous improvement of NTTA processes and performance, reporting on time to work and completing assigned duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Leadership: Exhibiting self-confidence and instilling trust with others working towards meeting the goals and objectives of the role.
- Transparency: Effective communication, honesty, and respect towards customers and peers.
The 12-week (May 18, 2020 to August 7, 2020) paid summer internship program at NTTA provides:
- Exposure to the transportation/toll road infrastructure
- Practical and professional experience
- Networking opportunities
Click Apply. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questions, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
Refer your Family and Friends to apply at https://careers.ntta.org
NTTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.