Plano - Corporate Headquarters
NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY
The North Texas Tollway Authority was created in 1997 to help advance local highway projects that lacked government funding. In addition to building and maintaining the finest roads in North Texas, we serve an estimated 7.5 million customers and process toll payments for all area toll roads and the airport toll gates. NTTAs nearly 800 employees work together to connect North Texans through safer, quicker and higher-quality roads.
This position installs, trouble-shoots and repairs all NTTA HVAC and refrigeration equipment to customer expectations and agency standards. This is accomplished by having the experience and technical background required to perform these tasks with minimal outside assistance. Professional level interpersonal communication skills are required for this position along with the ability to explain HVAC and refrigeration equipment failures and operations to non-skilled personnel. Other duties include performing inspections and preventative maintenance, maintaining records, meeting with contractors, assisting mechanical technicians and providing assistance during severe weather events. Must understand that duties, hours and location of work areas are subject to change as determined by the department to meet the needs of the facility.
The days and hours for this position are Monday through Friday; 8:00am- 4:30pm. The beginning range of pay is $18.86 - $25.15 per hour depending on experience.
- Maintains and repairs a variety of HVACR equipment contained within numerous NTTA buildings and facilities. Systems include: Chillers, geo-thermal, air handlers, rooftop units, split systems, package units, heat pumps, window units, forced air systems, boilers and gas furnaces. (Not an all inclusive list) Requires response to emergency call-outs.
- Read and understand control diagrams and schematics used in trouble-shooting HVACR equipment.
- Maintains a large number of small package units serving equipment enclosures.
- Performs heating and air conditioning maintenance by completing preventive maintenance, such as washing coils and replacing filters.
- Completes requests for service by using hand and power tools, assembling and disassembling objects and equipment, utilizes meters and test equipment to determine the nature and location of problems, then makes repairs as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Install, trouble-shoot, repair, run piping and braze. Perform routine maintenance and using knowledge of refrigerants and ability to repair ice machines, water fountains and refrigerators.
- Performs installations of HVACR systems on small internal NTTA projects. (Includes sizing and installing units and specifying and installing ducting.)
- Reviews construction drawings for new projects to insure correctness of design.
- Preserves the appearance and safety of buildings. Interacts with customers, and repairs equipment owned by the agency. Reports issues involving the operation of vehicles and equipment, inspects and reports equipment defects by reading instruments and gauges, maintains supply inventories, identifies and reports trends, ensures all information is complete and accurate.
- Works closely with others departments and team members, prioritizing and scheduling work. Assists with training. Reviews policies and procedures. Completes tasks and work orders in detail.
- Ability to cope with job related stress including but not limited to deadlines, customer, supervisory and staff interactions; multi-tasking and high work volumes is required.
- Work requires the ability to perform a specific skilled trade requiring knowledge of a technical nature that may be obtained with two to three years of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Junior college, vocational, business and technical or correspondence schools are likely sources. Appropriate certification was awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training.
- Over five years up to and including seven years. TDLR A/C licensing required.
- Work requires the occasional direction of helpers, assistants, seasonal employees, interns, or temporary employees.
- Work requires regular interaction involving exchange and receipt of information.
- Receives Direction: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results. There is some opportunity for discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. The assignment is usually reviewed upon completion.
- Advanced: Work requires the application of technical skills appropriate to the work requests and environment of the organization.
- Basic - Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school.
- Basic - Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school.
- Basic - Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school.
- Possess a current TDLR A/C Class A Contractor License or ability to obtain endorsed with both environmental air conditioning and commercial refrigeration and process cooling. A valid Texas Commercial Drivers driver's license or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
How To Apply
Click Apply. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questions, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
Refer your Family and Friends to apply at https://careers.ntta.org
NTTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.