Customer Service Center (CSC) Sr Specialist - Plano
North Texas Tollway Authority Plano, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
NTTA is an organization sanctioned by the State of Texas to develop and maintain high-quality roadways in North Texas. We are viewed as a cutting-edge leader in the toll industry nationwide, delivering transportation solutions to almost 3 million clients. As a customer-driven organization, our purpose is to enhance the quality of life for area residents. We serve a one of the fastest growing regions in the United States, and continue to grow with it to meet increasing transportation needs. NTTA is a vibrant organization with a highly qualified, energized, and engaged team. We are looking for individuals to join this team and help us maintain our place as a respected leader and partner in the regions transportation network.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership and support to customer service specialists and to assist with customer escalations. This includes providing service to customers and extended business partners, and assisting customer service specialists with overrides, escalations, research and general information. Other duties can include reconciling payment issues, negotiating payment agreements, receiving and analyzing transactions, researching citations, interacting with courts and vendors, assisting with the interview selection process, monitoring attendance and schedules, providing assistance to team leads and to other locations.
- Researches and resolves issues by responding to escalated inquiries, researching information, providing information to service representatives, following up on calls for service, interacting with customers on the phone, via email, webchat and in person, and working with outside agencies and managers to resolve issues.
- Provides general clerical support by assisting patrons or customers; providing general or specific information; processing requests for services, researching information, compiling information, maintaining general office records, processing the mail, and assisting with other services including cash handling.
- Processes requests by updating accounts, handling requests for new service or toll tags, supporting online access, reporting computer issues to the help desk, posting transactions, monitoring and updating corporate accounts, researching violations, and resolving email / chat requests.
- Processes payments by verifying information for accuracy, reviewing images, processing payments for overnight payments, and researches and resolves credit card disputes.
- Ability to cope with job related stress including but not limited to deadlines, customer, supervisory and staff interactions, multi-tasking and high work volumes, and travel for training if required.
- Formal Education: Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
- Experience: Over one year up to and including three years.
- Supervision: Work requires functioning as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed, and includes overseeing work quality, training, instructing, and scheduling work.
- Human Collaboration Skills: Work may require providing advice to others outside direct reporting relationships on specific problems or general policies. Contacts may require the consideration of different points of view to reach agreement. Elements of persuasion may be necessary to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas.
- Freedom to Act: Receives Direction: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures and desired end results. There is some opportunity for discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. The assignment is usually reviewed upon completion.
- Technical Skills: Skilled: Work requires a comprehensive, practical knowledge of a technical field with use of analytical judgment and decision-making abilities appropriate to the work environment of the organization.
- Budget Responsibility: None.
- Reading: Intermediate - Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Math: Intermediate - Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Writing: Intermediate - Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Certification & Other Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Typing requirements 30 wpm. Grammar and mathematical evaluation will be assessed with a minimum passing score 70%.
Click Apply. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questions, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
Refer your Family and Friends to apply at https://careers.ntta.orgNTTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Our deeper purpose is to enhance the quality of life for area residents. With board members from all around North Texas, including Collin, Denton, Dallas, Tarrant and other surrounding counties, the NTTA represents North Texas as a whole in our mission to provide a safe and reliable toll road system, increase value and mobility options for our customers, operate the Authority in a businesslike manner, protect our bondholders, and partner to meet our region's growing need for transportation infrastructure.
North Texas Tollway AuthorityWhy Work Here?
Stability, Great Employees, Health Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation & Retirement Benefits!
The NTTA is an organization sanctioned by the State of Texas to develop and maintain high-quality roadways in North Texas. NTTA tollways are designed to relieve traffic congestion and get North Texans around the region quickly, easily and safely. Our deeper purpose is to enhance the quality of life for area residents. With board members from all around North Texas, including Collin, Denton, Dallas, Tarrant and other surrounding counties, the NTTA represents North Texas as a whole in our mission to provide a safe and reliable toll road system, increase value and mobility options for our customers, operate the Authority in a businesslike manner, protect our bondholders, and partner to meet our region's growing need for transportation infrastructure.
BusinessView all jobs at North Texas Tollway Authority