Major Gift Officer
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Major Gift Officer inspires and engages the philanthropic community by connecting their passions and interests to the needs of the North Texas Food Bank. This position is responsible for building individual and corporate relationships by developing strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to meet fundraising goals.
• Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as relationship-building skills
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, be team-oriented, demonstrate strong organizational skills, take initiative and be self-motivated
• Ability to work as a collaborative team member within our fundraising program in support of department goals
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT or other CRM systems preferred
• Three years in non-profit donor management desired, including knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices
• Proven track record in meeting fundraising/performance goals
• Developing effective relationships with key leaders, volunteers and donors
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contribute to NTFB's annual fundraising goal by managing an increasingly productive portfolio of individual and corporate major donors with ongoing success
• Identify and qualify potential new donors to establish relationships that will result in a major gift
• Create, execute and track the moves management strategy for all major donors in assigned donor portfolio via RENXT
• Collaborate with Philanthropy and Marketing teams to identify and implement strategies for donor research, identification, prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship
• Provide personal acknowledgement for major donor gifts, working with Gift and Development Services and other Philanthropy team members to ensure timely and appropriate thank you letters, calls, and outreach
• Partner with Philanthropy and Marketing teams on special events such as major donor events, special marketing events, planned giving events and other donor-specific events.
• Maintain positive, active relationships with staff and donors to ensure ongoing support of the North Texas Food Bank and the clients we serve
• Participate in external speaking engagements to create brand awareness and build the NTFB brand within the community
• Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
• The person in this position needs to adapt well in the face of workplace stressors, such as competing priorities of reasonable or high significance to the successful function of the unit.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
• Moderate noise (i.e. business office with open floor plan with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
• Travel required within our 13-county service area
• Ability to work outside the traditional 40-hour workweek, some evenings/weekends required
The mental and physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, responsibilities, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, NTFB reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
The North Texas Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
North Texas Food BankDallas, TX
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.