Facility Protection Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is based out of Dallas Fort-Worth, TX.
Pay Class: FPI
Pay Starting at $14.50
What is a Facility Protection Officer? A Facility Protection Officer is a new era of security. We are changing the current stigma based around a “security guard”. Facility Protection Officers core values are Honesty and integrity.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include function, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Perform a variety of security-related duties, depending on the posts to which they are assigned. Facility Protection Officers shall answer questions and provide directions to visitors and building tenants. Typical duties include processing visitors by verifying identification, enforcing property rules and regulations, issuing visitor passes, entering and maintaining data on visitor logs or automated visitor database programs, detecting and reporting criminal acts, and ensuring visitors are presented for appropriate personnel and package screening. Additional duties include prevent, discover, delay, and/or detain persons attempting to gain unauthorized access to property and/or personnel at the facility being protected.
Facility Protection Officers will be responsible for operating all types of security equipment on post, such as batons, OC Spray, X-ray machines, magnetometers, closed circuit television (CCTV), handcuffs, and (where required by post assignment) firearms at any time while on duty.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Have a minimum of two years of Armed Security/LE experience OR 2 years of Honorable service with the US Armed Forces. (preferred)
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age; fluent in speaking, reading, comprehending and writing English due to the nature of the position.
- Ability to follow established procedures and policies. Post orders to include enforcement of client/company rules, policies, and/or regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail, good verbal and written communications, including legible report writing.
- Ability to provide quality Customer Service.
- Ability to analyze and produce course of action reporting and escalate issues to management in typical and crisis situations.
- Ability to see, hear, and smell in Order to respond to alarms and detect emergency situations.
- Reliable and have a strong work ethic.
- Reliable transportation and current Driver’s License
- Ability to work independently OR as part of a small group to resolve urgent issues, process orientated with high attention to detail, and triage a problem quickly providing precise/clear information while working under minimum supervision.
- Received a High School diploma, OR received a GED, OR shows HS graduation/equivalent education on a DD-214, OR completion of 60 credit hours in related field from learning institution recognized by Dept. of Education, OR successfully graduated from a federal/state certified law enforcement education/training course that may result in a LE appointment OR commission.
- Must be able to pass a background check covering the last 10 years and pass a drug screening due to the nature of the position.
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test if applicable; complete required training and pass examination.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Driver’s license, Social security card or birth certificate, and any other certification (guard/clearance card, applicable state/local gun/Armed Guard permit, OC permit Baton permit, CPR, First Aid.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
- Shift work required.
- Ability to remain on post up to four (4) consecutive hours without eating, drinking, or relieving bladder/bowels.
- Frequent and prolonged walking, standing, sitting, and stooping, up to 12 hours per day, either indoors or outdoors, during daytime or nighttime.
5960 Berkshire Ln, Dallas, TX 75225
North Star Protective ServicesDallas, TX
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.