Mental Health Counselor (LCSW or LCPC)
North Shore Pediatric Therapy Des Plaines, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join Us!! North Shore Pediatric Therapy (NSPT) has a couple different openings currently for LCSWs or LCPCs: Des Plaines, Glenview, Deerfield, Bucktown, Lake Bluff and Naperville
Our therapists are the most important members of our team. You will have the opportunity to work with children of all ages and diagnoses, including autism spectrum disorders, articulation and phonological disorders, oral motor disorders, apraxia, feeding disorders, and receptive and expressive language delays/disorders. Applicants should have clinical skills with a wide variety of ages and treatment techniques. Experience in a multi-disciplinary setting is a plus, as we are a clinic who values collaboration with other therapists and professionals.
About the Role...
The Mental Health provider role provides direct 1:1 therapy, complete screenings and evaluations, writes appropriate treatment plans and formulates functional goals for clients. In addition, the MH specialist makes recommendations for other professional services and cross referrals. Being a supportive part of the NSPT team and helping the family and child meet their goals is of the highest importance. Utilizes mental health expertise to address medical and clinical needs for a defined patient population. Performs psycho-social assessments and contributes to the interdisciplinary plan of care by developing and implementing a plan of care/treatment plan that provides extraordinary care for the patient while being sensitive to costs and resources. Works collaboratively with patients, patients' family, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and other involved parties.
The Ideal Candidate...
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Psychology from an accredited school
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Meets continuing education requirements to maintain license accreditation
- One-year social work previous pediatric fieldwork and practicum experience
- Previous experience working with children, adolescents and families with diverse social and behavioral challenges
- Ability to appropriately document social work interventions according to office policy
- Insight and ability to appropriately access and utilize manager or supervisor feedback
- Ability to interpret medical reports and write appropriate treatment plans and formulate functional goals
- Must be able to clearly explain behavior function, intervention and treatment strategies to families
- Must have leadership skills to manage families, as well as program planning
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to interact with a diverse group
- Able to work in a fast paced, unpredictable environment with changing circumstances while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be computer proficient, especially with Microsoft Office
- Excellent public speaking, listening, written/verbal communication and self-awareness skills
- Analytical mind and solutions-driven thinking
- Self-motivated with the willingness and accountability to exceed client expectations
- Excellent organization, planning, prioritization and time-management skills
- Works well with others in a supportive manner and is able to forge and maintain relationships
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand and move for 30% of the day
- Use of hearing, hands and eyes 100% of the workday
- Ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 30 pounds occasionally during the workday
- Adequate physical mobility to allow for movement and play with children as well as the physical stamina to “keep up” with the energy level of young children
- Stamina and ability to work all assigned hours
We are the only concierge health and wellness center for children and young adults that combines the power of multiple disciplines, first class service, and inspiring results. Deemed a thought leader in pediatric therapy, NSPT brings peace of mind to thousands of children and their families with its invigorating blend of positive environment, and our services to include: Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Physical Therapy, Social Work, Applied Behavior Analysis, Neuropsychology Diagnostics & Treatment, and Academic Support. NSPT has been assisting families for over 20 years and has expanded to 8 locations.
North Shore Pediatric TherapyWhy Work Here?
Great Team! Great Opportunities! Growth! Join Today!
The No. 1 reason why employees like working here is because they get to be part of a true multi-disciplinary environment. As the first multi-disciplinary clinic in Chicago, we give employees a chance to learn from one another and interact with the children they serve. Not only will you get to help children, you’ll also help improve the quality of life for their family. We are the only concierge health and wellness center for children and young adults that combines the power of multiple disciplines, first class service, and inspiring results. Deemed a thought leader in pediatric therapy, NSPT brings peace of mind to thousands of children and their families with its invigorating blend of positive environment, and our services to include: Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Physical Therapy, Social Work, Applied Behavior Analysis, Neuropsychology Diagnostics & Treatment, and Academic Support. NSPT has been assisting families for over 20 years and has expanded to 7 locations.
950 Lee StDes Plaines, IL
HealthcareView all jobs at North Shore Pediatric Therapy