Professional Driving Instructor
North Quincy Auto Academy Quincy, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $25 Hourly
Great pay and flexible scheduling! Experience preferred, however we are willing to train the right candidate!
· Must be 21 years of age and have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must have held a license in the United States for at least 5 years.
· Excellent driving history / incident free driving record
· Successful completion of background check and CORI check.
· Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to effectively deliver curriculum to students and make training event a positive experience
· Energetic and engaging
· Professional and effective in interactions with employees at all levels in an organization (students, peers, clients, management, etc.)
· Ability to exercise independent judgment
· Effective relationship/rapport building
· Knowledge of adult learning theory a plus
· Law Enforcement or Traffic Safety Experience preferred.
· Instructors must successfully complete a new instructors training course provided by the Center for Transportation Safety.
· Provides instruction in safe driving techniques in both highway and urban driving conditions.
· Observes students driving ability and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
· Maintaining student safety at all times during on-the-road instructional sessions.
· Teaches classroom and/or behind-the-wheel training for beginning drivers.
· Communicates appropriate information and recommendations for future driving practices to the student and parents.
· Keeps legible and accurate records that reflect the training provided and any problems that relate to the student's progress.
· Maintains the driver training vehicle.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
· Current Massachusetts driving license and state certification as a driving instructor with a minimum of two years’ experience as a licensed driving instructor in Massachusetts is required.
· Strong background in driver education, conducting driver safety training programs in both a classroom and on-the-road environment is essential.
· Excellent driving record required.
· Ability to remain calm and alert and cope with stresses of traffic. Ability to take control of a situation, and or, the vehicle as needed.
· Must have and maintain a current, valid driver's license; Must pass a background check.
· High School diploma required.
· Must complete a 40 hour course and obtain a Class D Driver Training Certificate and pass RMV exam.
· Background in traffic safety, law enforcement, or teaching highly desirable.
· Good communication skills and positive interpersonal relation skills required.
Up to $18 - $25 per Hour based on experience
Flexible Scheduling available for Full time or Part time
Our brand new spacious classroom is very conducive to learning. Our training vehicles are five star crash rated. They are equipped with ABS brakes, dual front and side curtain airbags, lap and shoulder belts in all seating positions, and air conditioning. They are also equipped with dual brake controls per the Registry of Motor Vehicle requirements and dual rear view mirrors.
As the owners, as well as your driving instructors, we are involved with every aspect of your driving education. Collectively, we have close to 50 years of driving experience.
North Quincy Auto Academy
Our curriculum is meticulously created by a retired law enforcement officer who has been serving our communities for 30 years as a state and local police officer. He has great experience in the fields of accident analysis and reconstruction as well as occupant protection. He is certified with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction and is a certified instructor for the Massachusetts State Police, Commonwealth of MA Municipal Police Training Committee, Commonwealth of MA Governor Highway Safety Bureau, Commonwealth of MA Registry of Motor Vehicles, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Our brand new spacious classroom is very conducive to learning. Our training vehicles are five star crash rated. They are equipped with ABS brakes, dual front and side curtain airbags, lap and shoulder belts in all seating positions, and air conditioning. They are also equipped with dual brake controls per the Registry of Motor Vehicle requirements and dual rear view mirrors. As the owners, as well as your driving instructors, we are involved with every aspect of your driving education. Collectively, we have close to 50 years of driving experience.
275 Hancock Street Quincy MA 02171Quincy, MA
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at North Quincy Auto Academy