Registered Veterinary Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
Are you looking to join a team where your current skills will shine while you learn and grow every day? Are you looking for an employer who values your training and professional education? Do you love adding value to your patient’s and client's experience?
At North Peninsula Veterinary Emergency Clinic (NPVEC), we have an amazing career opportunity for you! We are a 24-hour, 7 day a week veterinary emergency hospital in San Mateo, CA and we are currently accepting applications for team-oriented, personable individuals. We are a dynamic emergency practice that offers high quality emergency/urgent care services to companion animals with a team that includes endoscopy, neurology, and surgical specialty. Our fully trained, well-seasoned, RVT professional staff will provide orientation to our facility and workflow and increase your veterinary knowledge base. Our DVM team is excellent with three of our six doctor team having worked at our facility for over 15 years. Our DVM and tech teams work together cohesively to manage patient care and address client concerns.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Attention to consistency and accuracy of communication
- Excellent animal handling skills especially with fractious or fearful animals a MUST
- Ability to read/assess animal body language
- Anticipate needs of doctor on duty
- Ability to triage and anticipate needs of incoming emergent cases
- Intravenous catheter placement in emergent patients and situations
- Venipuncture skills from accessible vessels
- Ability to calculate drug doses and intravenous fluid rates
- Radiology skills
- Quickly and effectively set-up ‘trays’ for anesthesia induction, feline urethral obstruction unblocking, and CPR intervention
- Anesthesia induction, intubation, and monitoring
- Ability to prioritize patient intakes and assess emergent vs non-emergent patients
- Recognize critical patients that require immediate intervention and prepare for CPR
- Ability to immediately respond to emergent patient with vital monitoring (e.g., bionet set-up), oxygen support (Synder or flow by), prepare for IVC placement and intubation, set-up ultrasound machine so that the doctor on duty can quickly respond with patient assessment
- Mange in-house patient care
- Ability to place sampling catheters a plus
Skills and Qualifications:
- Registered Veterinary Technician, CA State License in good standing
- 1-2yr Emergency ICU experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, time management, ability to problem solve, learn and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to anticipate and be detail oriented due to high level of patient care.
- Must be an enthusiastic team player with a patient, and positive professional attitude.
- The position is full-time for day and, possibly swing shift, four to five days a week, (day - 7am to 3pm; swing shift - 3 pm – 11 pm) with some flexibility for scheduling.
- This position can be physically demanding as you handle patients presenting in an emergency. You must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unaided, and be able to control patients weighing up to 120 pounds. You will be frequently standing, running, crouching, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling.
Benefits and Perks:
- Employer paid Medical insurance premiums, AND paid deductible for employees!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- 401K with company Match
- Complimentary Life Insurance $5,000
- Personal Pet Discounts
- PTO and Holiday pay
- Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Shift differential for overnights
- Continuing Education
- Competitive pay: $33.00 - $38.00 per hour – commensurate with experience.
North Peninsula Veterinary Emergency Clinic has maintained strong relationships with referring veterinarians throughout the San Francisco Bay Area for over 40 years, and we pride ourselves on the strong organic base of clients that continue to seek us in their time of need for care of their companion animal family members. North Peninsula Veterinary Emergency Clinic is a terrific place to call home! If you meet the above-listed skills and requirements please apply.
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
North Peninsula Veterinary Emergency Clinic
AddressSan Mateo, CA
Get fresh Registered Veterinary Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.