The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing medical assistance to dermatology providers, including rooming patients, updating all components of the patient’s medical history, documenting reason for visit and history of present illness. Assists the provider with office procedures including, but not limited to, biopsies, surgeries and treatments for various skin conditions.
*Travel to satellite location as needed*
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
· Works as part of a team to see a patient volume of an average of up to 40 patients per day.
· Basic scribing responsibilities.
· Takes and documents patient HPI.
· Updates all patient medical/surgical/family history, medications and allergies
· Assist with pre and post-surgical operations, as well as assisting the physician during surgery
· Preps and assists with excisions or other surgical procedures as needed.
· Demonstrates proficiency with aseptic and sterile techniques.
· Numbs treatment areas as directed.
· Removes sutures as needed.
· Logs pathology and transmits pathology orders to appropriate lab.
· Inputs templates and scribes chart notes as required by provider.
· Processes RX refills and submits prior authorizations.
· Operates Narrowband and photodynamic therapy units.
· Fills liquid nitrogen containers for daily use.
· Cleans and stocks patient examination rooms and supply areas.
· Follows infection control practices.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 0-3 years of medical assistant experience, preferably in dermatology.