We are currently looking for a certified and registered pharmacy technician to join our team. We are open from 8:30am-6:00pm Monday-Friday and 8:30-12noon Saturdays . . Pay is based on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Assist pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of prescription medications. Licensed, through a national certification program, as a pharmacy technician.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
5. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
6. Handles inquiries that do not require a pharmacist's expertise and judgment.
7. Accepts new written prescription orders and telephoned refill requests at the discretion of the supervising pharmacist.
8. Takes orders from or calls doctor's offices for refill prescriptions.
9. Gathers patient information required to prepare prescriptions.
10. Assists in maintaining correct patient information.
11. Assists pharmacists in preparing prescription drug products for dispensing.
12. Prepares and affixes labels to prescription containers.
13. Prepares prescriptions to be mailed.
14. Prepares and submits insurance claims.
15. Files prescriptions after they have been dispensed.
16. Reports any medication errors to appropriate personnel.
17. Orders, checks-in, and stocks pharmacy supplies.
18. Logs invoices as necessary.
19. Performs cash transactions.
20. Maintains cleanliness of pharmacy and dispensing area.
21. Assists with third party insurance billing and trouble shooting.
22. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
23. Adheres to all statutes and regulations pertaining to a pharmacy technician.
24. Adheres to company policies.
25. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Certified as a licensed technician through a certified national program and maintains continuing education requirements to keep license active. Previous experience as a pharmacy technician or pharmacy clerk is preferred.
- Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; have increased contact with people; interview counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data.
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.) every day. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy drugs.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone, fax, and copier.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical information according to the HIPPA act.
Job Type: Full-time
North Liberty Pharmacy
North Liberty, IA