Service Coordinator - Job #656
North LA County Regional Valencia, CA
- Posted: 13 days ago
CONSUMER SERVICE COORDINATOR
North Los Angeles County Regional Center “NLACRC” is a private, non-profit agency that is contracted with the State of California, Department of Developmental Services, to provide services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. NLACRC is one of the largest regional centers in California and has proudly served the San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, and Antelope Valley since 1974. We serve individuals across the lifespan from infants and toddlers, school age children, transition-age youth, to adults and aging adults.
Receives supervision from Consumer Services Supervisors/Managers.
The Position and Job Summary
Provides information, advocacy, and service arrangement for consumers and families.
- Participation in the development of program plans for individuals; monitoring and evaluating these plans and revising them as necessary.
- Identify and coordinate services for individuals and their families.
- Documentation, completing forms and reports in accordance with regulations and NLACRC policies and procedures.
- Serve as an advocate for individuals served by community agencies.
- Schedule and attend interdisciplinary meetings with individuals served, family members, service providers, advocates, etc.
- Identify barriers to service delivery and implement culturally sensitive strategies that embody empathy, trust, and respect; comfort working in underserved and non-traditional office settings to meet our community needs.
- Rotate officer-of-the-day duties with other Service Coordinators; assisting co-workers with special projects and unique situations; provide case-coverage as needed; and providing emergency on-call services when required.
Any combination equivalent to or likely to provide the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills would be a Bachelor’s degree in a related subject and two years of related experience. A Master’s degree in a related subject may be substituted for experience. Bilingual Spanish may be required dependent upon the position.
Skills and Abilities
Understanding of family systems and appreciation for person-centered planning and thinking; empowering individuals to achieve their goals. Knowledge of intellectual and developmental disabilities, good organizational skills, demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively as a part of an interdisciplinary team, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proficiency with MS Word and MS Outlook.
Service coordination is a community-based position that requires meeting with individuals served and their families in their homes, in the community, or in our office location. Must be comfortable working with a high degree of independence. Frequent telephone, virtual, and out-of-office meetings required. Valid California Driver’s License and reliable and transportation, or acceptable substitute, required. Bilingual Spanish may be required dependent upon position.
NLACRC Offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
We offer employees a variety of health and dental plans.
- Health Insurance - NLACRC pays the full cost of coverage for certain Medical plans for employee only. We also provide a generous contribution to additional plans that the employee may select for employee only or employee and dependents costs.
- Dental Insurance – NLACRC pays the full cost of the Dental DMO Plan for employees and eligible dependents. We also offer a Dental PPO plan with a low employee monthly contribution for employees and eligible dependents
- Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account for eligible health care expenses
- Pre-Tax Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for eligible dependent care expenses
- No cost Life, Accidental Death & Disability, Long Term Disability Insurance for employees
- No cost Vision plan for employees and eligible dependents
- Retirement plan - NLACRC is a member of CalPERS which is a defined benefit plan that provides a monthly retirement allowance for eligible employees
- NLACRC offers two (2) deferred compensation plans - 457 and 403(b)
- Participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Paid Time Off – Eligible for 3 weeks of accrued vacation in the first year, 8 hours per month sick time, education, wellness and sabbatical time
- Holidays – NLACRC offers 13 paid holidays throughout the year
- Most positions are offered a hybrid – remote option
Please note that benefit costs are pro-rated for part-time employees.
Professional Development Opportunities & Growth
NLACRC values the professional development of staff! Many Consumer Services Coordinators gain experience and enter into Supervisor, Manager or Director positions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At NLACRC, we value and celebrate diversity! In September 2021, NLACRC launched an initiative to enhance and strengthen our commitment to diversity and belonging.
COVID-19 Job Requirements
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for a religious or medical exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
This position is non-exempt. (One year of related experience with BA will be considered and if selected will have starting salary of $18.88 per hour or Step A.) Regular Salary: $18.88 - $22.40 per hour. Please note that this position is subject to a temporary "add on" enhancement of 9.85% for qualified compensation. For more information, please contact Human Resources.”
North LA County Regional
BusinessView all jobs at North LA County Regional