The Mpowerment (PEER) Co- Facilitator will work closely with the Mpowerment Coordinator & Navigation Specialist, supporting the existing prevention programming of Project WOW , including program maintenance, development and logistics. The Mpowerment Co-Facilitator representing Project WOW, will outreach, recruit and promote Project WOW & The Mpowerment Program to YMSM MSM, community members and local LGBT organizations , recruiting new members from Project WOW, referral sites, and other appropriate sources
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet program goals related to engagement and retention for the Mpowerment Intervention
- Represent The PRIDE Project at various gatherings (meetings and conferences) while presenting on lessons learned and cultural-nuances, unique to YMSM of color, that increase risk for the acquisition or transmission of HIV;
- Enroll participants in Project WOW Mpowerment Program, including screening and assessment.
- Conduct outreach at community events, social media and untraditional high risk sites
- In collaboration with The LGBT service team, administer the delivery of individual and group-level interventions.
- Research, identify and develop new event prospects while expanding upon The Project WOW current constituent base.
- Schedule, set up and break down Community Advisory Board meetings
- Attend required program meetings, including grant and other meetings with NJ Dept of Health, D.A.S etc.
- Participate in WOW staff meetings and other supervisory and program planning meetings.
- Assist in curating and executing Project WOW array of LGBT and allied speakers, artists, authors, performers, and filmmakers.
- Aid marketing, creating web content and other aspects of WOWME Media production.
- Attend NJ/ NYC cultural events on behalf of The PRIDE Project to increase awareness about Center cultural programming, as well as to understand the city's LGBT cultural landscape.
- Log and catalog results of program participant questionnaires and program attendee demographics.
- Assist with special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- As a PEER experience working with LGBT populations, including knowledge of the spectrum of gender identity and transgender issues.
- Schedule flexibility; evening and weekend availability strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing, verbal and public speaking skills (bilingual a plus).
- Highly organized; able to handle multiple tasks at once; knowledge of electronic medical recordkeeping a plus.
- A strong commitment to the mission of NJCRI & the Project WOW Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Center.
- Computer proficiency, including experience with MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously while remaining extremely organized.
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Proven experience in customer service.
- Schedule flexibility, i.e. ability to work days, evenings, weekends.
- -Ability to perform light lifting (10 – 25 lbs.).
- Knowledge and understanding of LGBT history, communities and their issues/interests.
- A strong commitment to the mission of The PRIDE Project & The Project WOW Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center.
Job Type: Full-time