2ND SHIFT UTILITY OPERATORS
- Posted: 22 days ago
- $18 Hourly
Grow Your Career at an Exciting, New Company in Little Falls, MN!
North Freeze Dry is now accepting applications for a variety of positions at our brand-new freeze-drying manufacturing facility.
Join us in our mission to be the most trusted, reliable and innovative brand partner for manufacturing premium freeze-dried food and treats for companion animals.
At North Freeze Dry, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with unparalleled service and an exceptional end product. We’re looking for teammates who share in that vision and are eager to be part of a fast-growing, innovative company.
Purpose of the Position
These positions are responsible for supporting and backing up operators within various production processes in accordance with operational manuals and quality criteria.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Produces the required quantity of batched recipes within established specifications and tolerances and according to production plan.
- Inspects raw materials and in process materials as necessary ensuring compliance with function, quality, and recipe specifications.
- Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected/discarded materials.
- Perform pre-operational equipment checks, preventative maintenance tasks, and process inspections.
- Perform quality and sanitation functions per Quality Program and Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Report maintenance and quality opportunities with shift supervisors and/or managers.
- Interface with plant ERP system to assure inventory control, lot traceability, and tracking.
- Supports Operator, learning their role and providing a variety of tasks both mechanical and manual in nature.
- Maintains a clean, safe, orderly work area.
- Back-up Operators and perform Operator tasks when required.
- Operate all equipment within assigned department.
- Responsible for housekeeping of the machines, and plant area. (e.g., sweeping, removing trash, cleaning the machine at the end of the shift, preparing for next shift's production).
- Finalize any paperwork during shift in an accurate, clear, and concise manner.
- Follow all quality guidelines, Master Sanitation Schedules, and maintain a food-safe, sanitary environment.
- Support other production and manufacturing lines, as necessary.
- Dispose of waste materials and other items as required.
- Operate forklift as necessary.
- Support other process functions as necessary to maximize efficiency of plant.
- Execute the North Freeze Dry Vision, Mission and Values at all times.
- Promote a positive, proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Provide back-up support for other roles, as necessary.
- Available for overtime on a scheduled or call-in/call-back basis, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months working experience in a manufacturing/production facility preferred.
- Ability to follow proper food safety, quality and workplace safety procedures and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Forklift certification preferred, or willing to obtain.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Driven to continually grow and develop your role.
- Ability to adapt and accommodate change.
- 100% employer paid single premiums for health, dental and vision
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) matching up to 4%
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Supplemental/disability benefits
- EAP program
- 2nd shift (3pm-11pm)
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates within a plant manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job inside the plant, the employee is frequently exposed to normal working conditions for a food manufacturing plant with a noise level that is moderate to loud noise. The role routinely uses machinery equipment, forklifts, computers, as well as laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for extended periods of time as well as use hands or fingers to reach or handle, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. All vision abilities are required to encompass close-up work. On occasion, employees must be able to tolerate and endure extended seasonal hours and maintain alertness to meet deadlines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to machinery and moving parts, airborne particles including grain dust and hazardous materials or fumes, which may require the use of PPE. The employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions, extreme temperature changes in the plant from normal temperatures to negative temperatures, extended seasonal hours, high precarious places, and confined spaces. The noise level in some of the work environments may require the use of hearing protection.
About the Company
North Freeze Dry, LLC headquartered in Fargo, ND, is a U.S.-based co-manufacturer that produces freeze-dried companion animal food and treats. The Company’s freeze-drying facility in Little Falls, MN is one of the industry’s largest and most fully integrated freeze-drying co-manufacturing facilities. North Freeze Dry, LLC is a joint venture between Anchor Ingredients Co., LLC, a leading supplier of premium ingredients for the food and pet food industries, and Barrett Petfood Innovations, a rapidly expanding co-manufacturer of premium pet foods.
This job description is not a complete description of responsibility, but reflects the general qualifications, duties and/or responsibilities necessary to perform this position. All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a background check. North Freeze Dry reserves the right to revise the job description as circumstances warrant. North Freeze Dry. is an at-will employer, which means that either the employee or the company may terminate the relationship at any time, with or without notice, and with or without cause. We are an equal opportunity employer.
North Freeze Dry LLC
AddressLittle Falls, MN
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?